The

On the second day, as the sunbeams seep through the cracks of your window curtains, you woke up feeling the soreness in your feet. Finding it as something you were used to, you paid no attention to it as your heart felt strange after recalling the event from last night.

The vivid image of the red hair man, from the night before, flashed through your mind lifting the corner of your lips. You have never encountered somebody so strange yet interesting at the same time before.

Hwang Hyunjin, you wonder if you've ever heard of the name before or does he lives here, near Rose Village.

Your heart begin to race, but then your mind came to a stop at the sudden thought. For a handsome fellow, you wonder if he has somebody he likes.

"I'm actually like you...waiting for the right person to dance with," He chuckles deeply, "Or it's more like I'm waiting for somebody."

You recall his soft words and you felt a bit down at the realization that maybe there is somebody out there he's waiting for. Perhaps, for his good looks, he was just entertaining himself until his beloved comes back.

The unsettling feeling did not settle down as you can feel your heart burning along with the pain in your feet.

You shook it all off, getting up from your bed to start your day.

You have another performance.

For three days of the festival, you must perform, to appease the Rose Demon who roams your lovely red field.

You have wondered where was the demon when you went there last night.

"It takes the form of a handsome man," Felix repeats as you asked him again, in your dressing room. He adjusts your silk robe onto your figure as he answered your question.

Jeongin adds, "Don't even think about going back there, Y/N." You blink at him. Jeongin shakes his head.

"I saw you on your first day. The first place you went to was the rose field that everybody fears. Don't even think about going there at night." You chuckle at his bizarre words.

"But I've already gone there and there was nothing." Jeongin and Felix look at you with a look of horror on their faces. You blink. "Is something wrong?"

Felix, "When did you go back there?"

You back away from the freckled boy, "Last night?"

Jeongin, "Don't tell me, you went to check it out? Don't test the rumors, Y/N." He shakes you lightly but you push him lightly to assure him.

"Relax, I went there at night to get some fresh air. Besides, there is nothing to be afraid of when I was the one who made that field. Not only that I didn't find anything." You lied partially. If they knew of Hyunjin, they might freak out even more, who knows what they will do.

Both of them sigh in relief, "Let us drop this now. As long as you don't go back and stay put at home then that is all." Felix sets down the comb and Jeongin looks at you strangely.

"Even if you didn't encounter anything, it could have seen you and maybe is planning its way to come to get you at night. You better keep watching your windows and doors, Y/N."

You nudge him and he pouts at your action. You shake your head at the overprotectiveness.

You smile at the love and care and stand up.

---

The evening soon draws in, and as the festival continues without a scare, you find it odd to have the folks not follow the curfew but you were soon told by the Chief that the second night was often considered the lucky night as it was the night the demon come out to enjoy the festival hiding his appearance in doing so.