Chapter 5: Pandorica

There was a rumour spreading around these days. It was in the news. The papers that usually spread propaganda were actually doing their job. The paper was showing the image of a blonde woman.

{The true hope for Pandorica has arrived!}

These blasphemous words were erased by the current reigning 'Crowned King' of the nation. There was no way he'd allow them to be herded by an unknown invader. There was some trick at play.

They didn't need a figurehead.

After all, it had previously been widely accepted that the current queen, and the real protagonist inside Adam's 'The Villainess Against Fate' Otome Game was, in reality, the shining hope they sought.

Who could deny it?

Reigning Queen Lara Pandorica (once known as 'Goodwell') was known for her many talents. With her secret Unique Class of 'Otome Protagonist', she was able to gain the abilities of every profession.

A considerably rare allrounder.

Most importantly, despite being born from a couple with Dark Attribute Magic Pathways, Lara had somehow awakened the 'Light Attribute' instead. A great marvel that was like destiny given her a boon.

Who could deny her importance?

She was the only light of hope in their kingdom of despair. A beacon that motivated the citizens to fight harder. Survive against the attacks of Demonic Beasts all year round as tribute to her existence.

Believing they'd have salvation after their demise.

This was exactly why Lara was able to enrol into the only Military Academy in the country that taught magic. Her status as a commoner the only thing holding her back... A chain that kept her potential locked. Grounded by the restrictions on her future.

It was already amazing that a commoner would awaken a Job Class in the first place. Most of them were not given the right to undergo the baptism needed to awaken. Only nobles were granted that.

Still, Lara proved the providence protecting her by awakening on her own. Gaining the potential and talent to surpass the royal family. She was always under direct supervision due to her circumstances.

The thing that alienated her from peers.

In the past few years, she had gained the help of many to rise to her current level of social status. It was through hard work and dedication... with only a little bit of luck. She was truly a 'protagonist'.

But there was one person she'd never forget.

"Linda..." The only blonde-haired woman in the entire kingdom of black-haired individuals muttered while reading an article. It was so disgusting. There was no way she could believe what she was reading.

It contained absurd statements about her friend.

Saying that she had attempted to rebel using her relations to several factions. A claim she put to rest herself. Her retaliation so strong that the Arcadia Family had no choice but to put their heads down.

They didn't want to suffer this woman's wrath...

"If only I acted earlier..." Lara thought with distress when she heard the lack of results for the ongoing search. They said that her Linda had vanished... All the evidence of her existence had been fully erased.

There wasn't a trace of Linda in the Dark Forest, or anywhere in at that. As if she'd never really existed at all. The only traces of that woman being in whispers and lies. That, and the memories they'd shared. A long and arduous tale of taming an Evil Dragon.