Chapter 15: Decision

"Haha~ Yeah, right." Hyuk laughed in response, but made a face after seeing that Adam's resolve. Was it just him who sensed animosity towards woman not too long ago? This was the same guy saying that?

He wanted to get married to a princess?

Was that a joke...?

"Wait... You're serious about this?" It was after an uncomfortable silence did Hyuk stand up. Being the straight man to Adam's chaotic nonsense. He was unable to believe this was the same guy as before.

The one who'd suspect an ant of hatching a conspiracy after stepping on it. The very same guy who kept going on and on about putting up defences against strangers. His house being made of traps.

"Hahaha! That's my disciple for you~! He's a damn ambitious one! Hahahaha!" Simon boasted loudly and completely destroyed the atmosphere. His voice was annoying. Like an insensitive uncle at a store.

"You should think about it. There's no way you have anything worth a marriage proposal." Sebastian chimed in with his own opinion. It wasn't like he wouldn't be happy for him, but realism was vital.

"Isn't my empty land enough?" Adam looked at his magic instructor. His words being optimistic, yet also purely realistic. After all, the land Gaia gave him was the only one the royal family didn't own.

Such a thing must be uncomfortable for them.

The easiest way to remedy this was tying the knot.

"If that was enough, anyone could gain their hand in marriage." Sebastian looked at this 'realistically' as well, but the difference between their opinions came from their understanding of their current world.

Maybe land wasn't that important in Sebastian's world, but it was crucial to the people of the Divine Realm. A sign of status and opportunity to grow their power. It was a treasure worth obsessing over.

"Hey, don't put him down. At least he has 'great ambition'. So let's help him out." Hyuk also didn't seem to understand the significance of land, but he looked confident that they can make it happen.

Regardless of if they had a trump card or not.

"Are you seriously going to get stronger via... that sex empowerment thing?" Sebastian frowned at both Hyuk and Adam. His eyes held an uncomfortable level of dissatisfaction. It made his landlord shiver.

He looked disgusted at the perverted duo.

"That's 'Dual Cultivation' to you! Don't look at me like that. I'm not a deviant. It's not a Demonic or Unorthodox Art!" Hyuk was saying to them as if trying to explain himself. The problem was that none of them knew what exactly he was talking about.

The only thing Sebastian knew was the basics.

Which is why he had enough knowledge to advise:

"Still... You should probably pick between cultivating Mana or Qi, rather than both at once." Sebastian was worried. The inherent nature of life force was utter chaos. Any power manifested from it was a danger.

Mastery could allow miracles, but any power derived from life energy required great care. Mishandling of such strength could lead to internal collapse. That was what worried Sebastian about Hyuk's method.

He didn't want to see anyone die.

"Oh..." Hyuk, the lustful Martial King of the Murim Realm, at least agreed on that point. He had found after coming to this world that the nature of 'Mana' and 'Qi' differed. They should not be used carelessly.

One strictly obeyed the concepts of the world and turned them into 'attributes'. Strictly classifying them in vague terms (like how Shadow Magic was capable of creating black flames)... while the other was mostly affected by the mentality of the user.