one | reunited

☆

TALIA STRANGE SHOULD BE USED to the strangest of things. After all, in the years that had followed since she had first travelled within the multiverse, her life had changed in multiple ways.

The first: Talia was now responsible for a child — a young teenager now. America had been a burst of sunshine within the darkness for Talia, giving Talia a reason not just to carry on, but to smile too. Of course, the second change had been the fact that Talia had disappeared from her own universe to now simply survive with America until they found their way home. But the third change had been Talia herself.

In the time that had followed with the two adapting to their new life, Talia had come to discover there was more to her now than simply appearing in random universes. The power had been pulsing deep beneath her skin, begging to come out, so Talia had let it, and she had not looked back since. With the powers, Talia was able to protect America more from the occasional threats, but they also helped Talia feel safe.

Right now, though, things had gotten too far out of control. Monstrous creatures were chasing the two with the aim to capture America, where they were both clueless as to who was behind it. Their only help was Doctor Strange — not her husband, but a variant of him. Talia had almost broken upon seeing him as her heart had ached, devastated that it was not the man she loved.

Doctor Strange was the bizarre that Talia could not wrap her mind around. He was a sorcerer with Talia having now witnessed magic, but he was also a sorcerer with theories and lessons that had helped Talia understand herself and her powers.

Of course, the shock was that the variant of her husband was a sorcerer with Talia wondering if her husband had a similar tale since she had vanished.

But Doctor Strange was helping them and Talia was honestly so grateful for it.

Apparently, they were now in-between universes, searching for a book that would contain a spell to defeat the threat that they were facing. This book would save America before whoever captured her, so Talia was determined to have it.

The three were running on a brick pathway with the in-between universes chaotic and bright. Behind them, the tentacle-like monster was chasing them still, coming through the cracks with a growl, and reminding them that it was now or never. In her hands, the purple power flared, creating two swords as Talia prepared herself.

Strange jumped, turning to attack as America jumped onto floating debris with Talia following, her feet leaving purple impressions as she ran across the air. The monster was frozen as it smashed into the pathway behind them.

"Did you kill it?" America questioned.

"No," Strange told her, but then he pointed towards a glowing light in the middle. "That, that will kill it."