Chapter 1- In the past

It has been 4 years since all those things happened, since he died, since Yokohama was destroyed......

Tw: Mention of Death, Mention of Su1c1de

---------

It is the 9th July of 2026, Dazai is in his apartment, laying on his bed and staring at the wall.

Today, 4 years ago, it happened, the day where Dazai lost almost everything, the city, his friends and...Chuuya.

Every year, on the 9th of July, Dazai thinks about the things that had happen.

He lost Chuuya, Yokoham got almost fully destroyed and lots of people died

Yokohama is actually almost like it used to be, the people around him also started acting normal pretty soon and more, but Dazai didn't. He is still upset about the fact that Chuuya died in his arms and he couldn't do anything about it. This feeling of helplessness destroyed Dazai, it was the same feeling he had when Odasaku died, he hates it.

Dazai and looks at the clock. ,,Already 2 pm?" He thought . Dazai doesn't want to get up,usualy he would now be somewhere and having his fan or searching for someone to do a double su1c1de with, but now he's even too lazy for that. He also doesn't go that often to work but still often enough to not be fired.

,,I really have to get up now tho..." he says to himselfs and starts to slowly get up, as soon as he's standing, everything is like spinning in his head, but he doesn't worry about that and starts to get ready.

------

Meanwhile in the ADA (Armed
Detective Agency) they have lots with the rebuilts of Yokohama to do. Yokohama was since the accident almost destroyed, but now it's most likely that a lot of peoplecan live here again cause not only the ADA helps, the PM (Port Mafia) also does.

Atsushi looks out of the window. ,,I wonder if Dazai-san is visiting Chuuya-sans grave again..." he asked himself. Dazai, Atsushi's mantor and also the person who saved him, really changed since Chuuya died ans all that happened. Atsushi is really worried about him because usually, Dazai's personality is completely diffrent from that what he's doing now.

,,Oi brat!" Yells Kunikida at him, ,,Don't stare out of the window and go get to work, and where is Dazai?!"

Atshushi looks at Kunikida, with a not really that happy face ,,M-Mr.Kunikida it's the 9th of July...." Atsushi reminds him with a soft and kind of sad voice.

As soon as Atsushi said it, Kunikida changes his angry face expression into a kjnd one. ,,Oh, yeah...right, I kinda forgot" was all he said before he went back to work.

Atsushi looks out the window again. He thinks of how upset Dazai-san must be right now, and he couldn't kick that thought off of his mind. He'll search for him and give him company.,,I'll be back in like a hour or two, don'twait for me!" was all he said when he grabbed his bag and went out of the ofice before anyone could even say anything.

------

Atsushi knows exactly where Dazai is right now, he's been there every year at the same time and day.

Dazai stands infront of a grave and looks down at it. He thinks about exactly every little thing that happened at that day. He knows Atsushi would be there in any second so he looks around the graveyard for him.

Atsushi walks slowly in Dazai's direction till they end up standing next to each other. They don't speak or anything, just looking down at the grave. Atsushi actually likes this silence where they both just stand there and he can hear all the birds and other natural noises.

They have done this for the past 3 years now, so they also don't need to speak.

,,Atsushi-kun, actually it is all my fault..." Dazai starts to speek. It was pretty unusual for Dazai to speak with anyone on this day, so Atsushi decides just looks at him and listens to what he has to say.