Tick Tock

(Nova has long white hair tied up in a bun held together with chopsticks with two strands framing the side of her face. She also has pretty blue/purple eyes.)

I was sitting with Sensei in his room while the guys were elsewhere doing who knows what stupid thing. Sensei was leaving and I wasn't really happy about it. I've never been away from Sensei for so long and I don't know how long he'll be gone. Sensei was putting away his sword from his childhood when the guys entered.

"Well, every morning I do 500 pushups." Zane said.

"Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand." Kai bragged.

"Ha, ha. I do a thousand and one." Jay grinned.

"What is this, amateur hour? Sounds like my warm-up. Sensei, what does true potential look like if—" Cole quickly stopped talking when he noticed Sensei putting away his sword and my unimpressed look.

"Our apologies, Sensei. We've interrupted you." Zane apologized while the guys bowed.

"I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing. What can I help you with?" Sensei sighed.

"Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our true potential? What if we're ready?" Cole asked.

"Heh. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your true potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer." Sensei explained.

"There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there, Sensei?" Zane asked.

"I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you. Long ago, when I was a young boy Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends." Sensei started explaining before being interrupted.

"Wait a minute. I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty, the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos. And you two were friends?" Jay rambled in disbelief.

"Please, no interruptions. You see, he did not always have a wicked heart. One day, I lost this very katana. Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it. But I refused. He told me not to put off what can be done today and went to get it himself. When my father found him, he was very ill. For he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes. A great evil had found its way into my brother's heart. For the snake's venom could turn the purest of things wicked. The snake is the same one the Serpentine want to re-awaken today. It is the snake that took my brother away from me." Sensei finished explaining.

"So the Great Devourer turned your brother into the Dark Lord?" Kai asked.

"It was all my fault." Sensei sighed. "You five have finished your training. You must now focus on stopping Pythor from collecting the four Fangblades. But never lose focus on the obstacles that lie within each of your hearts that holds you back from true greatness. Unlock your true potential." Sensei said.

"But how are we supposed to do that, Sensei?" Zane asked.

"It's up to each of you to discover. Now I must go on a personal journey of my own." Sensei said.

"Where are you going?" Jay asked.

"To a place you cannot follow." Sensei answered.

"If you're going for Lloyd, the City of Ouroboros is filled with hundreds of Serpentine. You'll never do it alone." Cole said.