Once Bitten, Twice Shy

(Nova has long white hair tied up in a bun held together with chopsticks with two strands framing the side of her face. She also has pretty blue/purple eyes.)

We were in the bridge while Nya was teaching us about some Fangpyre bones that were found. Cole was drawing, Kai was staring off into space, Jay was staring dreamily at Nya, and Zane and I were the only ones really listening to Nya.

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenin. If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in....diminished, uh-excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I am severely allergic to perfume." Nya said with rosy cheeks. The guys turned to me and I held my hands up defensively.

"Don't look at me, I don't wear perfume. I know Nya is allergic to it so I avoid wearing it. Plus, I have no reason too."

"Heh. You told me it was men's cologne." I heard Jay whisper to Kai.

"Eh, I get them mixed up." Kai said and laughed along with the other guys except me and Jay.

"Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades." Cole said.

"Sounds like a plan." Kai grinned.

"I'm excited to join." Zane commented. We walked out of the room but I had to stop when I realized I left my book back in the bridge. I walked back into the bridge but quickly hid when I spotted Nya talking to Jay.

"No, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our true potential." Jay explained.

"Impress me? But I look so......" Nya said but Jay cut her off.

"Fantastic." I had to cover my mouth with my hands to stop myself from laughing. This was too cute! "Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to, if you don't want to....."

"You mean like a date?" Nya asked.

"Um, yeah?" Jay replied nervously.

"Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight." Nya bid Jay goodbye before leaving the bridge. She stepped outside and I immediately grabbed her arm and pulled her to her room. As soon as we were inside I slammed the door closed and let Nya go with a grin on my face.

"Sooooo, you and Jay, huh?" I teased her. She blushed and crossed her arms.

"Sooooo, you and Cole, huh?" She teased back.

"We'll talk about that later. Right now we need to pick out what you're going to wear to your date." I grinned at her.

~~~~~~~~~
It was later that day and me, Kai, Zane, and Cole were in the bridge. We were waiting for an alert to come up when Jay slid into the bridge wearing a fancy suit with gloves and a red scarf. He had also styled his hair.

"Whoa, where are you going, Mr. Fancy?" Cole teased.

"Didn't you hear? I'm taking Nya to a nice restaurant. A really nice restaurant." Jay boasted.

"You might wanna change your plans. The bridge just picked up evidence of Serpentine activity over at Mega Monster Amusement Park." Kai said.

"Hey, that's Pythor!" Jay pointed out at the picture on the screen.