Chapter 4

--

I wake up to the sound of my parents arguing on the phone. I sigh and sit up. I look at my alarm clock; 11:20 pm.

I get out of bed and put on a grey hoodie. I hate hearing my parents argue, and I can't stop thinking about Taylor. I need to go somewhere quiet to think. I am 999.999% sure that my mom wouldn't let me go out this late if I ask her, so I'm going to have to sneak out.

I quietly open my window, and climb out of it, landing on the roof. I slowly walk towards the edge and jump off onto the wet grass. I run off my lawn and try to dry my legs before wandering down the street.

My parents have been divorced for 3 years now, and I guess I've gotten used to it. I just hate it when they fight. I don't see my dad often because of his job. My mom says it would be pointless for me to visit him if I would be alone more than half the time.

It's been 3 weeks since the cafe incident, and Taylor is still acting cold toward me. She doesn't talk to me unless she has to, and I have no idea what's going on. She won't even respond to my texts. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much, but it is. She's my best friend. I feel like don't even know her anymore. I really wish she would just talk to me.

Maybe I'm too clingy. I guess I do hold onto people tightly. I'm just scared that if I don't, they'll leave. But it seems like they'll leave either way.

I hear a weird noise above me. I look up and notice a boy knocking on his window, trying to get my attention. It's Walker. He waves at me, and I give him a weak smile. He runs to the door and meets me outside.

"Are you okay?" He asks. "Yea, I'm fine," I tell him. "Why are you out so late?" I sigh, "I don't really want to talk about it. I just needed to think." "About?" Why does he care so much? "Everything," I say.

I look up at the sky. It's so cloudy I can't even see any stars. "Do you want to come inside?" He asks, breaking the silence. I look at him. I've never noticed how blue his eyes are. "Sure."

I follow him into the house, and we sit on the couch. He hands me the remote, and I turn on IT. The 2017 one is the best. It's my comfort movie.

"I'm bored," Walker says. We are about 40 minutes into the movie now. I stare at him, "How can you be bored? This is like the best movie ever!" He shrugs, "I don't know...this movie is boring." I gasp dramatically. "Your boring," I say, sitting forward. He grabs my shoulders and pulls me sideways. I scream and end up with my head on his chest. "You're so annoying," I laugh. "Thanks." He grins. I roll my eyes, and we lay in that position for the rest of the movie.