Chapter 16

--

We walk through the front door, and the whole house smells smokey. "Dad?" I yell, taking off my shoes. He walks into the foyer to greet us, "Hey! You're back!" "Yeah...What's up with the smell?" I ask. "Oh, I burnt the chicken, so we're just gonna get pizza. And then we might go to an outdoor movie." My dad tells us. I've never been to an outdoor movie. I've always wanted to go to one, though. "Okay!"

Walker and I go up to my room and sit on my bed. "So..what now?" He asks. I sigh, "I have no idea." I fall backward on my bed dramatically and pull out my phone. "Ugh, people keep tagging me in Taylor's posts." I roll my eyes. "Maybe you should take a break from social media." He suggests. I shrug and sit back up. "I wonder what movie we're gonna go see." Walker just nods, and we sit in silence.

"So, are we like together now?" He suddenly asks. "Do you want to be?" "Yeah." He grins. "Okay." I blush. He's so freaking cute!!

TIME SKIP

We all get into the car and drive over to the closest restaurant. I yawn and rest my head on the window. I don't know why I'm so tired. I got like 6 hours of sleep last night.

"What movie are we going to see?" Walker asks. "Uh..let me check." His mom says, pulling out her phone. "Wouldn't it be hilarious if they were showing the adam project?" I laugh. "No, that would be really weird." He chuckles. "What?! How would that be weird? You're literally in a movie, and you think it's weird if people watch it?" "Yeah." I roll my eyes.

We pull up to the restaurant and get out of the car.

TIME SKIP

Walker and I finish eating, but our parents still haven't. "Can we go check out the shop next door while you guys finish eating?" I ask. "Sure, be back in 10 minutes." My dad says. "Okay!"

Walker and I run out of the restaurant and into the store next door. It's a clothing store.

The clothes look pretty cool...I'll have to come back here with my dad again soon.

"Oh my gosh! You're on this shirt!" I walk over to Walker. He's standing next to a shirt with a dolphin on it. "You're so unfunny." I roll my eyes. He laughs.

We walk over to another section. "What time is it?" I get cut off by someone slapping my ass. "What the fuck?!" I turn around. It's that redhead from Shawn's house.

The kid laughs, "Jeez, calm down." I cross my arms. Emma-I think that's her name- walks up to us. "Oh, you're that girl who made out with Shawn a few days ago." She smirks. "We didn't make out." "Okay, whatever." She rolls her eyes. "Is this you're boyfriend?" She looks at Walker. "Yep." She nods. "You're in that one movie, right?" "Uh..yeah." "Cool! Well, if you want you can ditch her and come hang out with us." Without thinking, I step closer to her and smack her across the face. She gapes at me, "You psychotic bitch!!" I smile sarcastically. "Please stop smacking people's asses. Have a shitty day."

I walk away, and Walker follows me. "Holy shit! That was awesome!" He grins. "You idiot."

We walk back over to the restaurant, and our parents meet us at the door. From there we go to the outdoor movie.

TIME SKIP

We get to the movie place and park our car. We find a spot in the grass, away from our parents, obviously. Can't be seen hanging around with old people.

I lay out some blankets while Walker just stands there staring at me, doing absolutely nothing. We both lay down on them, and the movie starts. By the movie, I mean back to the future. It's one of my favorite movies. Walker's too, I think.

We are about 20 minutes into the movie now. I'm laying with my back to Walker.

He puts his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"Stop," I tell him. "Sorry.." He says quickly, letting go of me. "No, don't stop." "What?" He laughs, and I turn over so I'm facing him. "You're so pretty." He says softly. I blush. "Stop staring at me..watch the movie!" I giggle, pointing at the big screen in front of us. He chuckles and goes back to watching the movie.

I lay my head on his chest, and he wraps his arm around me. We spend the rest of the night cuddling.