Chapter 8

--

{Walker's POV}

"I think it looks good," I tell Noah. "Really?" She asks. "Yeah. You look good no matter what, though," I smile. God, I'm so horrible at flirting. Her face turns a deep shade of pink. She's so cute. "You're such an amazing friend," She says. "Yeah, you're okay, I guess." She rolls her eyes, suppressing a smile. I love her smile.

"Walker!" My mom yells, walking up the stairs. I quickly pull Noah off my bed. "If my mom sees you, she will tell your mom that you're over here," I tell her as I shove her into my closet.

"Ryan is in town, so I invited him over for dinner," My mom says. "What?? When is he coming over?" I ask quickly. "He should be here any minute." "Uh, okay...Well, I'm going to change, so umm...yeah." I lie. "Okay, Honey. Come down in a few minutes." She says, walking out of my room. "Alright, mom!"

I run over to the closet and open the door. "So umm...You know Ryan Reynolds, right? He was in the movie with me?" I say. "Of course, I know who Ryan Reynolds is, dumbass." "Right, well, he's coming over like right now, so you need to go,"

I open my window and help her climb out. "Don't get murdered by your mom," I laugh. "If you don't hear from me within 2 hours, send help."

I notice a car pull into my driveway. It's Ryan. He gives us a confused look as he gets out of his car.

"Shit!" I yell. I close my window and sprint down the stairs. I hope he doesn't ask any questions.

My mom opens the door and gives Ryan a welcoming smile. He returns the gesture and steps inside. I stand in front of the stairs awkwardly, praying he doesn't say anything about Noah.

"Hey, kid!" He says. "Hi." I smile, trying to make it seem like nothing happened. I hope he doesn't tell my mom. "Well, dinners ready if you guys want to eat now." "Yeah, I'm starving," I tell my mom. Ryan and I walk over to the dining table and sit down. My mom disappears into the kitchen to get the food.

"So...I heard from an anonymous source that you and that girl are not dating," Ryan says, turning to look at me. I roll my eyes, "That is correct." He smirks, "You don't seem too happy about that." I chuckle at his assumption and shake my head. "Is that also correct?" He asks. "Maybe," I mumble. My mom walks in carrying a pan of meatloaf. She sets it down on the table, and we all start eating.

After dinner, Ryan and I sat on the couch while my mom baked cookies in the kitchen. We talked about a bunch of random stuff until the topic I was trying to avoid came up; Noah.

"So, tell me about Noah." I sigh and lean back on the couch. "Well, she lives down the street and she's like basically my best friend. She's really clumsy and has a great sense of humor. And she's really nice...And super pretty. I really like her." I told Ryan. I can feel myself blushing. This is not how I expected tonight to go. "How did you guys meet?" He asks. "Oh, umm...I kinda accidentally hit her in the face with a door...at the mall." I said awkwardly. Ryan, of course, thought that was hilarious and burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" My mom asks. She sits down next to me. "Nothing," I say quickly. "Hmm...Well, the cookies are cooling.

TIME SKIP

Ryan left about an hour later, and the cookies were amazing. I lay awake staring at my ceiling. I can't sleep. Suddenly I get a notification on my phone.

Kenzie Forester mentioned you in a post

liked by taylorwhitlock and 103 others

kenzie.forester @walker.scobell we should hang out soon!

Load more comments

randomchild13 he's not gonna hang out with u 🙄

randomchild724 cute dog!

randomchild901 you are so pretty omg

randomchild15 where is ur shirt from??

randomchild635 u know Walker Scobell?!

randomchild924 How do you know Walker???

kenzie.forester @randomchild924 my bestie is friends with him

randomchild275 I'm so jealous How do you know him?

randomchild4862 pretty 😍

randomchild2486 what kind of dog do u have?

randomchild573 you are friends with walker scobell?

kenzie.forester @randomchild573 yea my friend introduced me to him a few weeks ago

randomchild9783 😐

walker.scobell Sorry. I don't hang out with jerks

↳ randomchild79385 💀💀

randomchild27 pop off walker

randomchild2953 damn-

randomchild93 AHA KENZIE JUST GOT EXPOSED

--

Bruh, she's so dumb. Why in the world would she think I'd want to hang out with her after everything she has done to Noah?