Chapter 15

--

TIME SKIP- ONE WEEK LATER

I ran to the door and watched Walker's car pull into the driveway. I squeal as he gets out of the car.

"OhmygoshImissedyousoooooomuch!!" "I missed you too!" He says, not matching my energy at all. I pull away from the hug and stare at him. "You don't seem very excited." I scrunch my nose. "I am! I swear!" "Okay...Well, come on! I wanna show you my room!!" I grab his arm and pull him into the house.

I push open my door, revealing my newly decorated room.

"Wow." He says. "Do you like it?" I ask, looking over at Walker. He's just standing in the doorway, staring at it. "Umm, it's very pink." He chuckles. "No shit." He rolls his eyes. "You don't like it?" I laugh. "No, it's not that- never mind." I give him a confused look. "It's great." I smile, "Thanks! Okay, now come on. I want to go on a bike ride." I tell him, running out of my room.

He follows me, and we go out to the garage. Our parents are in the living room talking. I grab my bike, and he grabs the extra one. Then, we ride down the street.

"Shawn lives right there," I say, pointing at his house. "And my friend Lillian lives somewhere in that neighborhood." I point to a different street. "And Cassidy lives...actually, I don't know where she lives." I laugh. "Do you like it here?" Walker asks. "Mhmm!" He smiles. "I've really missed hanging out with you, though." "I've missed hanging out with you, too."

I swerve, almost hitting a mailbox. "Holy crap!" I yell. Walker just laughs at me. "Shut up. I almost died!" He grins and speeds up. I sigh, and we race each other down the road.

We stop at a little pond. Theres a gravel road leading down to it, so we can't take our bikes. "This is really creepy," Walker whispers. "Hopefully, we don't get kidnapped." I chuckle. He swats a bug away from his face and sighs. "The pine needles make it so sli-" I scream as I slip. Walker grabs my arm. "Ohmygod, I almost died. Again!" He laughs, "you sound like a dolphin when you scream." "What?!" I playfully shove him and start laughing as well. He started imitating my scream. "You're so mean to me." I pout. "You're mean to me!!" "No, I'm not." "Yesterday, you called me ugly as fuck." I roll my eyes, "I was kidding!" "Whatever."

We finally get to the pond. I sit down on a bench and stare at the sparkling water. "I wonder if there's fish in here," Walker says. "I don't think so." I keep glancing at him, but he doesn't seem to notice. "Are you ever going to come back and live with your mom again?" He asks, turning to face me. "Probably. I don't know when, though." He nods and looks back at the water.

I glance at his lips. I want to kiss him so bad. I'm just gonna do it..right now. It's not that hard, just-

Cassidy is calling me.

(Bold- Noah

Normal- Walker

Italic- Cassidy)

"Hey."

"Hi! Are you with Walker?"

"Yeah-"

"Can I say Hi?"

"Uh..sure."

I put the phone on speaker.

"My friend wants to say hi.."

"Hi, Walker!"

"Hi"

"Umm, okay sorry for interrupting your time"

"It's fine.."

"Oh, did you do it yet??"

"CASSI!!"

"what?"

"I'M STILL ON SPEAKER!"

"OH!! SORRY!!"

"Do what?"

"Nothing!"

"Tell me!"

"No"

"Umm...well, I'm just gonna hang up.."

(Call ended)

"Do what??" "Nothing!" He rolls his eyes. "Why won't you tell me?!" "Because." "Fine." He crosses his arms. "I'm leaving then." "What?!" He smiles, "Yeah, if you're not gonna tell me, then I'm leaving. Bye" "Walker!" I laugh. "No. I'm serious." "No, your not." He chuckles, "Yeah, I am. Bye." He stands up and starts to walk away. "Walker!!" I stand up and grab his arm. He quickly turns around, and I close the gap between us.

He's kinda shocked at first. I mean, so am I, but after a second, he pulls me closer to him and kisses me back.

Holy fucking shit.

We pull away and stare at each other, ignoring the redness on our faces. My stomach is so full of butterflies I think I might explode. I'm literally shaking.

"I like you," I say, trying to make this less awkward. "Oh really? I had no idea!" He jokes. I laugh and look down at the ground. "I like you too..." I look back up at him and smile. He smiles too. I love his smile.

"Let's go back to your house...I think your dad said he was making dinner when we left." He grabs my hand, and we walk back up the hill.