Chapter 7

--

I walk into the kitchen. My mom is leaning over a frying pan...she probably dropped a piece of eggshell in it while cracking the egg.

I sat down on a stool. "Good morning," I say. "Good morning." She replies without looking up from the stove. "I'm putting you in public school." She says suddenly. "What?!" I yell. "Yeah. Maybe it will help you behave better." That's ridiculous! "Ugh! I hate you!" I scream as I run back up the stairs. "You're grounded."

I slam my door and sit down on the floor in front of my bed. Why does she think public school is gonna help? Homeschool is so much better.

{iMessage}

Walker 😎

Hey

hey

wyd?

texting you

right...
so do u want to hang out?

Taylor

Hi...
I know we're not on the best terms rn
but I was wondering if you're coming to my bday party?

idk

Please, I rlly want u to be there
ur my bsf

ig ill come

Yay! Ok! I cant wait to see you <3
Everyone's already here...u can come now if u want :)

ok...omw

I shove my phone back into my pocket and climb out my window.

TIME SKIP

I knock on her door, and she happily invites me in. We walk up to her room, and I'm greeted by 3 girls- including Kenzie. She motions for me to sit on the bed, so I do. We all stare at each other for a few seconds before Kenzie breaks the silence. "Are we going to do something?" She says. "Let's give each other makeovers!" One girl suggests. "Ooh, that's a great idea!" Taylor exclaims. "Why don't we give Noah one first...she definitely needs one," Kenzie says, mumbling the last part. I roll my eyes, "Sure, I guess."

The girls squeal, and Taylor gets her makeup, a brush, and a hair straightener. "Okay, I'm gonna do your makeup first," Taylor says. "Okay,"

She puts natural-looking makeup on me...it actually looks pretty good, considering that Taylor doesn't even do her own makeup.

Kenzie picks up the straightener. "Can I straighten your hair?" She asks. "Umm...I guess." I say. I just curled my hair, but whatever. She sits down next to me and starts gently straightening my hair. After a few minutes, I start to smell smoke. "What is that?" I ask hesitantly. "Umm...I might have burned off a chunk of your hair..." Kenzie trails off. "WHAT?!" I run to the bathroom and look in the mirror. What the fuck. She burned like 4 inches off.

I walk out of the bathroom. "What is wrong with you!?" I yell. "Jeez, calm down! It doesn't look that bad...actually, it does." She smirks. I walk out of Taylor's room and start running toward my house.

If my mom sees my hair she's going to know I snuck out because we don't even own a hair straightener. I'm actually going to die.

I keep walking until I reach Walker's house. Then I climb on top of the trash can and pull myself onto the roof. I knock on his window, and he walks over with a confused look.

"Hey," He says, opening the window. "Hey," I roll my eyes. "What happened to your hair??" He asks. "Does it really look that bad?" "Oh, uh...No, not really." He lies. I climb into his room, and we sit down on his bed. "I went to Taylor's birthday party, and Kenzie asked to straighten my hair, so I said yes, and then she accidentally burned part of it off," I explain. I'm so dumb. Why the hell would I agree to that?

"Accidentally?" He chuckles. "Well, it was probably on purpose...but who cares. I can't go home now. My mom will know I snuck out again." "It's fine. We'll just fix it somehow." Walker says. Bro is being way too optimistic. "How are we going to fix it?!" "We could cut the rest the same length so it looks a little better." He shrugs. "Okay," I sigh.

He grabs scissors off of his desk, and we walk into the bathroom. "Don't stab yourself." He says, handing me the scissors. I smile sarcastically, "I'll try."

TIME SKIP

"I think it looks good," Walker tells me. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah. You look good no matter what, though." He smiles. I blush like crazy. He's so cute, what the heck. "You're such an amazing friend," I laugh. "Yeah, your okay, I guess." I roll my eyes, "Shut up,"

"Walker!" His mom yells, walking up the stairs. He looks at me and pulls me off his bed. "If my mom sees you, she will tell your mom that you're over here." He says as he shoves me into his closet and closes the door.

I sit down on the floor of the closet. This has been a very interesting day. It's giving Wattpad but cringier.

"Ryan is in town, so I invited him over for dinner," His mom tells him. "What?? When is he coming over?" He asks quickly. "He should be here any minute." "Uh, okay...Well, I'm going to change, so umm...yeah." He lies. "Okay, Honey. Come down in a few minutes." She says, walking out of his room. "Alright, mom!"

He runs over to the closet and opens the door. "So umm...You know Ryan Reynolds, right? He was in that movie with me?" He says. "Of course, I know who Ryan Reynolds is, dumbass." "Right, well, he's coming over like right now, so you need to go,"

Walker opens his window and helps me out. "Don't get murdered by your mom," He laughs. "If you don't hear from me within 2 hours, send help."

Ryan pulls into the driveway, giving us a confused look as he gets out of his car. "Shit!" Walker yells. I fall off the roof into the grass, and Ryan walks onto the porch. "You climb out of that window often?" He says. This is the most awkward conversation ever. I dust grass off my legs and stand up, "No...this is the first time, actually." I tell him. "Interesting. What's your name?" "Noah," I say. He nods, "Are you guys dating?" "No," I laugh, "Please don't mention this to anyone," I beg. "Sure." Thank fucking god. "Okay, umm...It was nice talking to you. Bye."

I sprint down the street until I get to my house and climb through my window. I walk into my bathroom and take a shower. Hopefully, my hair will smell less burnt after.