Chapter 10

--

I get up and walk downstairs. Ellie is sitting on the couch watching the Bubble Guppies. I used to love that show. Walker and I only got to talk for like 5 minutes yesterday cause somehow my mom found out where I was.

I walk past Ellie and push open the front door. Dad's white tesla is parked in the driveway. He and mom are standing on the lawn talking. I can't believe my mom is making me stay with him. Normally, I'd be pretty happy to be able to see my dad, but I won't get to see Walker for a while so like that's kinda sad.

"Hey, kiddo!" My dad says happily. I put on a fake smile and walk over to him. I give him a quick hug and then turn to my mom. "your bags are already in the car." She says. "Thanks, I guess," I mumble. My dad puts his arm around me. "You ready to go?" He asks. "Yep."

I swing open the passenger door and climb in. I buckle my seatbelt and we start driving down the street. Shit, I forgot to say bye to Walker. "Pull up to that house, please?" I say. "Why?" My dad asks, stopping the car. "I'll be right back!"

I jump out of the car and run up to Walker's door. I stand on his porch for a few seconds waiting for him to open it.

"I was sleeping," He starts to say. I hug him as tight as I can. "Woah...jeez your gonna crush me." He chuckles. I apologize and step back. "Are you leaving?" He asks. I nod. We are quiet for a moment until he breaks the silence, "Bro, this sucks. I'm actually gonna miss you." "I'm gonna miss you too!" He smiles. "Don't hit any other girls with doors." I joke. "No promises," He laughs.

My dad honks at us, motioning for me to get back in the car. "I have to go." I sigh. "Okay. Bye, Noah." Walker says. "Bye."

I turn around and start to walk back to the car until I feel Walker grab my wrist. I quickly turn around. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." I blush. "Are you blushing?" He grins. "Shut up!" I playfully hit his shoulder before getting back in my dad's car.

TIME SKIP

We've been driving for about 40 minutes now. The whole ride had been silent. "Was that your boyfriend?" My dad asks suddenly. "Walker? No, we're just friends." Not even I believe that Adrien Agreste shit. "I heard you tell him you love him." "I tell all my friends I love them. Plus, he's my best friend." I tell him. "What happened to Taylor? You guys aren't friends anymore?" "Uh...no, not really." "Why not?" "People change," I shrug. He nods and turns his attention back to the road.

TIME SKIP

We pull up to my dad's house. It's way bigger than moms. After my parents divorced, dad got a new job and started making a lot more money.

Dad gets out of the car and walks inside. I grab my bags and follow him. The inside of the house is very nice. It's super classy. I take my shoes off in the foyer, and then dad leads me up to my new room. It's very plain.

"We can go shopping this weekend if you'd like." He says. "What?" I ask. "We can get you stuff to decorate your room and new clothes or whatever." "Oh. Yeah, That'd be awesome." I smile. I think I'm actually going to like living with dad. "Okay, great! And maybe we can go out to lunch, too?" I nod, still smiling. Wow. My dad's actually pretty cool.

I sit on my floor unpacking my stuff while dad orders pizza. Maybe this will be a chance for me to completely start over. I'll go to a new school, make new friends, get caught up in new drama and shit. Such a slay. Maybe mom was right. Maybe this will be good for me.