Chapter 1

I woke up in a white room with no decoration except a mirror. I know it's a one-way mirror because they like to keep tabs on us. I look around a bit more and find Mr. Black sitting next to me. He is a tall man, quite pale with pale blue eyes and dark black hair. He is the director of Patriarch Skyfold, he also is the one who told me to come. Safe to say, I don't like him much, but he doesn't know that.
"Well, it's nice of you to wake up. We have been waiting for you." Mr. Black says ominously.
"Who's we? I thought I was the only one recruited for this." I said with a touch of sarcasm.
"Why the staff and I. You very well know I can't do this by myself." Mr. Black as if he didn't catch my sarcasm.
I sigh. A moment passes.
"Do you know how long you were unconscious?" Mr. Black says.
I shake my head not trusting myself to say something nice.
"Ten days, Can you believe that, ten days? We kept a good eye on you to make sure you stayed alive since we like you so much."
Chee thanks.
I think to myself. But I don't dare say that out loud since they did keep me alive. Ijust don't know what they did to me while I was unconscious, and I'd rather not find out.
"Thank you, Mr. Black. I appreciate being alive." I say trying not to sound disgusted.
"You're welcome!"
"I'm kind of tired now so can I go back to my room or do you still need to monitor me?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
"Oh really?! So soon? You need to stay here but I'll leave you be so that you can rest. You have a big assignment ahead of you." Mr. Black said happily while standing up.
"Ok. Thank you."
He walks out and once he does I get a huge headache. Then I realized I Knew what he was going to say. Mr. Black is normally unpredictable, no one ever knows what he is going to say or do. I know this after being here for a year. One very long year so much has happened since my parents have died. I Realize I'm about to cry. I haven't thought of them in a while. The pain is too great. It was so hard to watch my adoptive parents die the same way my parents did. I use that pain to do whatever they ask me to, resulting in me being at the top. Me being 23 I should be over my parents. I have no time to grieve. Grieving is for the weak and I'm not weak. I close my eyes and the headache intensifies.
Oh, why does my head have to hurt at a time like this?!
I Think to myself as I wish I had some pain pills. The pain intensifies until I blackout. 

I woke up to my head throbbing and doctors working over me. I noticed I had an IV attached to me and a blood pressure unit on my arm. I don't know why all this stuff is attached to me because I Just have a headache! My claustrophobia is flaring up since at least four doctors are standing over me. I hate to admit it, but I started panicking.
"Leave me alone! Please!" I say desperately to breathe without the doctor's smell.
They try to continue working but then they start walking back grabbing their heads. Then they started screaming, which did not help my headache. Mr. Black walks in and sees his doctors on the ground whimpering. To my amazement, he smiles. I take a moment to breathe before he opens his mouth which I know he's about to do.
"I see you have discovered your abilities." He says, amused.
"What? Abilities? What do you mean? What did you do to me?!" I say starting to panic again. I sit up and take off the blood pressure unit and rip out the IV. I'm alive, am I not? I Don't need an IV. But I regret ripping it out... Ow.
"Don't worry. We are just helping you by giving you powers of sorts." He answers.
"What kind of powers?" I say slightly curious at this point but still panicked.
"I don't quite know the extent of yours but they, in their simplest form, are used for interrogation, mind reading." He says like he's pondering and didn't realize he was talking to me.
"What? Have you given this to others?"
"Hmm. About ten others, yes. And one more being tested for it so twelve in all including you." He says still distant as if he was under a truth serum or something.
"Who is she?"
"Sydney. You remember her from your group. Wait. Why am I telling you this? It's classified." He says as if he's waking up. I do remember her. She was the person in second, right below me. She was ruthless, and she fit right into a crowd. She has blond hair and blue-grey eyes that pierce your soul. She was truly terrifying. I was only above her because I had better control over my emotions and better aim. If you give me a sniper and a moving target I can hit it square in the heart, a good clean shot. And I can do it from an angle where no one can trace it back to me, or Patriarch Skyfold.
Mr. Black turns to walk out.
"I suppose you will find out your powers soon but until then, know we have control over them." He says over his shoulder.
He presses a button on a remote that I didn't realize he had and I almost blacked out from pain again. I grab my head in pain and lay back down gently so I won't make myself worse.
"Please, enjoy your stay here until your assignment comes." Mr. Black says.
He walks out and then a few moments later, I black out again. I've got to stop blacking out. It's gonna look bad if I keep doing it.