Chapter 13

I slowly turn to look behind me to see Vivian hugging a pillow and the other girls holding back a giggle. I narrow my eyes at Vivian,
"Do you need something?" A Cheshire grin spreads across her face, and she shakes her head.
"No, I'm good."
"Are you bored with the movie?"
"No,"
"Then why are you holding that pillow so innocently?" She laughs.
"Because I wanted to hold a pillow."
"Then why did you hit me with it?" I vaguely notice Delilah pausing the movie and shuffling beside me to get pillows.
"Because I can." She says innocently. I roll my eyes, pick up a pillow of my own, and quickly hit her with it before jumping up and moving out of range. The pillow she's holding hits me anyways, and I mentally facepalm because she throws knives! She can throw a pillow! Mark, Michael, and Sheldon have already grabbed pillows and attacked each other. I chuckle at the sight of them and pick up the pillow Vivian threw. Michael smacks the pillow across Sheldon's face, and I hold back a wince of sympathy. I hold my pillows up to shield myself from other flying fluff. Miranda and Delilah have also grabbed pillows at some point and are both slapping Sheldon.
I'm just glad it isn't me. Oh great... I've just jinxed myself, haven't I? I can hardly hold back my smile as I shift back into pillow range to attack Sheldon myself. He is trying to defend himself, but it's futile. I manage to get one hit in before Vivian hits my back with a pillow. I turn on her and use my momentum to hit her. She laughs, and it's such a melodious sound. She notices a hesitation in my movements while I listen to her laugh, and she hits my chest. I smirk and grab her wrist so she can't hit me anymore and pull her up and use her as a shield. In doing so and keeping her still enough, I've dropped my pillows but having a human shield is better than pillows. Miranda makes eye contact with Vivian, and I try to shrink down behind her more. It's hard to keep a good grip on Vivian while hiding behind her, but she isn't fighting for some reason. Weird. A look passes through the group, and I notice. Their thoughts aline to target me.
"No! Why?! Focus back on Sheldon!" I cry, but the pillows are already flying. Vivian's laughter glides through the air again as she presses closer to me to try and avoid the pillows. Most of them hit her, but since I am bigger than her and taller, I get hit by a few stray pillows. Once the pillows have all been used, I give them a taunting laugh and let Vivian go to grab all the pillows I can. Vivian also grabs pillows, and the others jump up to do the same. By the time my arms are full of pillows, there aren't any more on the ground, and I start chunking.
I hit everyone at least once, and the pillows fly for at least a half hour before we finally end in a draw. It was pretty much a free for all since there were so many team betrayals. I'm not salty. Nope. Miranda may find herself down a few blankets come morning, but that has nothing to do with me. You didn't hear anything! Especially not from me. Ok? Good. The blanket pile looks mighty comfortable now, and I haven't coughed yet! Take that lake. You haven't ruined me entirely! Looking around at everyone's relaxed and content faces is a relief.
I know my features mirror theirs because I'm also calm and enjoy hanging out with them. That blanket pile is looking mighty comfortable right about now... I lay down across the blanket pile. No one can stop me. I'm lying perpendicular to the couch, basically right next to it. This will come back and hurt me, but I don't really care. Miranda steps on my back to get onto the couch again, and I grunt as I feel my back popping. That felt good. The release of vertebrae involuntarily relaxes my back more, and she sits on the couch. Her feet don't leave my back. Yep. This is the spite I was expecting. Traitor! I feel pressure on my legs only to see Vivian just sitting on my legs. I roll my eyes and go back to relaxing. I am determined. Delilah just steps over me and sits Indian style on the couch, which I'm grateful for. Michael sits beside my head to where he can still see the tv and smirks down at me. I smirk back and look at Sheldon.
(Don't make my claustrophobia flare by surrounding me.) I tell him. He gives me a blank nod and doesn't sit too close, thankfully. Mark follows his lead, and Miranda starts the movie again. We watch the movie in content silence. Until I realize my feet are asleep. I shrug it off. I'll make her move if it gets bad enough. The movie finishes, and we start Endgame. The last of the Avenger's movies so far. We've been watching them all night. I glance at the time to see it's nearly three in the morning. Well, that's ok.
I'm ok with staying up all night watching the avengers. That's cool. Our pillow war was a well-needed break; we were all now tired from it but content to just sit quietly. Grunty just sat and watched us pummel each other with pillows, and he looked simultaneously worried and amused. I hold my nerd facts to myself as I watch the movie, about how tony had sacrificed himself in each film, about how they made captain marvel way too overpowered, and how scarlet witch should have definitely killed Thanos when she had the chance. I enjoyed seeing the movie again. I caught a tear on Vivian's face as the other avengers grieved Tony's death. I didn't think she would get emotional about this movie, but I guess I was wrong. By the time the movie is over, it's nearly six in the morning. So much for sneaking away and cooking. Speaking of,
"Anyone else hungry?" Sheldon asks. He must be bored of popcorn. He's been through an entire box by himself! But there's a collective nod and a few muttered agreements. We got some bacon, eggs, sausage, and bread, so it should be easy to cook. I give Vivian a little nudge with my now-dead legs, and she moves after flashing me a smirk. I roll my eyes playfully at her. That couldn't have been comfortable. I shift, and grunt as feeling rushes back into my legs.
"I'll cook once I can feel my legs," I state, and I catch a fleeting look of excitement in Mark's eyes. Breakfast is a great meal to eat. I wince as the needles poke my skin incessantly and painfully. Remind me never to let Vivian sit on my legs again... a good ten minutes and listening to a discussion about what we should do next, I manage to stand without collapsing from numb limbs. I yawn, stretch, and make my way into the kitchen to start cooking. I make a ton of food. I struggle to stay awake through it all, but I manage. I make over-easy eggs, bacon, sausage, and so so much toast. Everything is set up, and I make my plate. I nearly forgot to call out to the others that food was ready but by 6:30 were all around the dining table eating breakfast silently as we questioned our life choices. Traveling, walking, then watching movies all night. We have definitely met the standards of college students. I yawn, and many others follow my example.
"So, sleep first before finding out what we're going to do for the day?" Michael asks, and everyone nods. I stand up and put my dish in the sink. There is no food left. Huh. Sheldon must have been hungry.
"Someone else can do the dishes. I cooked everything." I call out as I walk into the living room to collect a pillow and blanket. I stalk off to my room and collapse onto my bed. It's been a very long day. And I was attacked. Twice. My lungs seize, and I go into a coughing fit. I manage to survive without anyone hearing me to questions, and I relax into the mattress and fall asleep.

(1427 words)

This was a fun chapter to write! My first fight scene and it's with pillows. I have some more exciting things planned to happen soon. My cousin claims I'm hard on Keaton but he's not really that bad right? I mean. Constant headaches, weak lungs, claustrophobia, hydrophobia, fear of losing those he cares about... well. He's human. As much as he doesn't want to be he is. He has flaws. And fears just like everyone else. So it's really fun to write him. Anyways. If you have any tips on fight scenes please tell me cuz I don't want them to be dry.