Chapter 3

When we got back Vivian showed me where all the other serum takers hang out. It's a fairly large room made to have people in it. I see about eight other people besides me and Vivian and one big human-ish thing. He is a very muscular monster-like man, kinda like the incredible hulk from the comics I read as a kid. He has white hair and wears a toxic mask. He wears a green tank top, and black shorts slightly ripped along the edges and has green markings all over his arms and some black and white spots. His hands are huge. Someone abruptly appears in front of me. He has super crazy red hair and dark blue eyes. He's skinny and has slightly burnt clothes from speeding around. He's wearing sweatpants, a black shirt, and grey Adidas.
"Hey, Vivian, Who's this with you?" He asks quickly.
Vivian sighs, obviously annoyed.
"He is a new serum taker and his name is Keaton" she replies.
"Keaton huh? What are his powers?"
"I can control people's minds," I reply instead of Vivian because I can tell she isn't happy. I don't need my powers to see that.
"Mind control huh? I don't believe it." He says,
"Okay, um, tell me your name, age, and powers,"
He gets a glazed look and replies. "My name is Sheldon, I'm 24 and I can move faster than sound." He blinks away the glazed look. "Oh so mind control huh. That's interesting, Mr. Black must like you."
"He does, but I don't much like him back."
"Well then welcome to the club!" He says then reaches out his hand for a handshake. He shakes my arm very fast which throws me off guard so I pull away. "Sorry, I tend to do that" Sheldon says awkwardly. A moment passes and I break the silence by asking,
"Can you introduce me around?"
"Oh, yeah, sure, as long as you promise not to mind control me," Sheldon says jokingly.
"I make no promises, my powers are kind of hard to control at the moment." He starts pointing to people and naming powers, "That's Lila, she can slow things around her, she's pretty much the exact opposite of me. Miranda, anything she sees she can copy, that can come in handy. Wendy, she can turn into water and whatever form water takes, I think that's kind of useless. Mark, he can turn into plants, it'll be good for camouflage but not much else." He tries to stifle a laugh. "Anyways, that's Delilah, she has telekinesis, really cool! Antonio, super reflexes, I'm totally not jealous of him, I mean, I have speed I can't talk." Each person turns and nods as Sheldon calls their name except for Antonio, he just stares menacingly.
"Sheldon, stay on topic," I say annoyed that he got distracted so easily.
"Right, Sorry, Michael can control electricity. And Grunty." He sighs. "And that is Grunty...he was the first to be given the serum and it either didn't agree with him or there were some complications with it."
"I can see that, does he have any other powers besides that?" I ask.
"Nope," Sheldon shakes his head. "Unless you count being incredibly stupid."
I shake my head. "That doesn't quite count."
"I thought so." He sighs.
One of the girls walks over, Miranda I think. She has tan skin and chestnut hair with blond highlights. She has a strong frame and looks like she could do a triathlon. She's wearing all black, black short-sleeved shirt, black pants, and black Nike's. Vivian smiles as she sees her.
"Hey, Miranda!"
"Hi, Vivian! How was your mission?"
"It was good considering I was stuck with the new guy." Vivian motioning to me. I got offended at her calling me the new guy, I don't know why though. I clear my throat.
"I'm Keaton," I say, butting in on their conversation. I shake Miranda's hand, she has a firm grip. She looks me over as if analyzing me to see if she can mirror it.
"What are your powers?" She asks after a moment.
"Mind control," I reply.
"Interesting, I can't mirror anything if I don't see it so I can't mirror your powers. Though I think you have more powers than just mind control. Something Sheldon probably forgot to mention was I can read abilities."
I look at Sheldon because he did forget to mention that and he shrugs and runs off. I Look back at Miranda and suddenly pain rakes through my skull and I try not to cry out as I grab my head and drop to my knees. Vivian looks at me worriedly wondering what's wrong. Mr. Black walks in pressing a button.
"Did you think you could get away with that?" He asks me.
"Get..away...with what?" I ask. My breath comes in short gasps because of the pain.
"You were seen," he explains, "it's all over the news"
"What?... Vivian...checked the area...and told me....it was clear."
Her face drains of color. "There was one person who was videoing something else. He must have caught us."
"You...didn't think...to tell me?!" I ask frustrated. Why does pain increase the difficulty of talking? Well, I can't quite answer because my thoughts are so muddled with pain. That must be why...
"I thought he was harmless! I didn't think-" she screams and grabs herself and starts fluctuating between visible and invisible.
"Yes, you didn't think." Mr. Black says amused to see us in pain. I wince as the pain intensifies. It feels like my brain is going to implode.
"Please, don't hurt Keaton because of my mistake. He didn't do anything wrong." Vivian squeezes out.
"True," Mr. Black ponders the suggestion. "Alright, I'll stop pressing Mr. Will's button, but you need to come with me." He says to Vivian and stops pressing both of our buttons. My head is still pounding and Vivian gives me a worried look then follows Mr. Black out. Before he leaves he turns back to me.
"Mr. Will, if you ever pull a stunt like that again, well just remember who's in charge." And with that he presses the button one more time, I gasp and my world turns black. I barely remember hearing a thud as gravity took control of my sad self.

(1060 words)

You know when you see those awesome fan fictions that are like, 5000 words each? Idk how they do that. Probably cuz I'm lazy and not that motivated.. anyways. Enjoy my cringe. It'll get better I promise.