Chapter 7

The next few days pass by with too much pain to remember much. It was mostly training with my powers which don't hurt as much when I use them but do hurt more when I'm exposed to higher frequencies of sound and loud noises. That totally was not a pain to figure out, not at all. Vivian seems to be trying to get close to me and get to know me, but I am honestly trying to avoid her. We are waiting for the Prime Minister to come to town to kill him. Thank goodness I am getting used to my powers and being around people. Vivian, Sheldon, and I are supposed to have team-building time but they already know each other and I know more than I ever cared to about them because of my powers, So I have been ditching those sessions to do some more physical training, which has made Vivian annoyed with me which I am fine with. Maybe she'll let up on the flirting. I say that as I know she's too stubborn for that. I sigh, I'll figure that mess out later, for now, it's sadly time to get up. I get up and get dressed and open my door to see the person I least wanted to see, Siphon. "What are you doing here?"
"I just came by to say hi to my favorite test subject! Oh, I wasn't supposed to say that now was I?" he gives me a creepy smile and hands me a file. "You're supposed to go on that mission today," his tone changes to a dangerous one, "mess up this time and I won't let you have any energy for sarcasm, or life for that matter."
"You underestimate my ability to be sarcastic," I say monotone while taking the file. I briefly read through it and see what's going to happen. I push past Siphon who still seems vaguely familiar and ignore his greedy laugh and walk to the costume room to make sure I look inconspicuous. And after only a thirty minute costume change, I meet Sheldon and Vivian outside in the car. We climb in, me with my gun, and the other two as innocent looking as humanly possible. We continue on with our plan. As soon as we leave the compound my head decides it does not like the outside world, the stupid thing. I'm practically at a nine on the pain scale, on top of that I feel panic rising in my chest. Why in the world am I panicking? I can't panic right now! I'm about to go on a mission! Why can't I stop?! I barely register that my breathing is ten times faster than it normally is. My chest hurts from how hard my heart is pounding to keep up with my breath. Vivian reaches over and touches my arm which I realize is very tense. Her hand is cool, it feels good against my warm skin. Wow, I'm scatterbrained. Is this what happens during a panic attack? I wouldn't know, I've never had one before.
"I didn't know you had panic attacks," she says gently.
"I-I d-don-n't" why am I stuttering? I decide to telepathy her, (I think that someone outside is having one, I don't know why it's affecting me this badly though.)
"Oh," she nods and leaves me alone to deal with this until they leave my range. I am thankful for that since I can't seem to make myself calm down. I continue suffering until a few blocks later when my lungs open and I gasp for breath. I slump into the seat and breathe a sigh of relief and take a few moments to breathe before acknowledging my headache that has increased because of all the new voices. Vivian gives me a cold and uncaring look, she must be slipping into work mode. Sheldon just looks excited, and me? I'm always in work mode, and I will never leave it.

We finish the hit and make it back with no more panic attacks, thankfully, my lungs are still on fire and I know I'm not breathing normally yet. We were not caught, Vivian actually did her job this time. Although, security was high, with people looking for me. I haven't found a use for my powers on missions yet, but I could keep in contact with Vivian and Sheldon without the threat of our comms being tapped. That was nice. We made it back without being noticed or followed and no one saw us to begin with. Perks of being highly trained assassins. I've only trained for a year, but still. My skills rival a normal mercenary, or a Russian. A Russian mercenary? Nope, I'd lose. Hm... That was before my powers, maybe I could do better now. Maybe, Russians are rough. Maybe I haven't fully gotten over that panic attack... I do still feel like my chest is tight and my heart is pounding hard. My lungs are still on fire and my breathing isn't fully normal. I decide I'm going to not hang out with the others in celebration of our success but instead am going to go to my room and try to get my body to function correctly. As I make my way to my room I notice my headache is calmer, yay me. Suffering everywhere else is honestly probably why my headache isn't as prominent. An image of Siphon grinning flashes through my mind and I stumble a bit. I lean against the wall a moment to regain my bearings. I feel someone trying to go through my head and I set up mental walls. So much for relaxing. Whoever's trying to dig through my head crashes into the walls, apparently not realizing they were there. I assume it's Siphon since no one else has remotely similar abilities to us. I walk along the wall hoping to make it to my room without problems. He kept poking the block trying to test my will. Will, being my name, is something I don't lack in. So the block stayed up and I even pushed back. He did not stay in my head long. I made it back to the room without much more trouble. Though now my mental guard will always be up. In my room I lay down on my bed and do some basic breathing exercises to calm my fried nerves. My calmed nerves make me relax and I drift into a semi-peaceful sleep.
I wake to a knocking at my door. I rub my eyes and check the time, it's only been a couple hours. So it's still daylight out. I open the door to Michael playing with some electricity. He looks up at me and I wave. He nods in acknowledgment and motions asking to come in. I nod and open the door some more for him. He walks in, I close the door and sit on my bed and wait for him to speak. He looks at me for a moment before saying anything,
"You have a lot of potential to bring to this team." Is he about to give me a team motivation speech? I'm to asleep for this. There's no way I'm going to pay attention to this if that's what it is. "But you're also young and have a lot to learn." I did not expect to hear that, but he obviously underestimates me. "I've read your file," I freeze, that means he knows about my parents. "And yes, I know what happened to your parents. I'm sorry for your loss, and the fact that you got dragged into this, but I admire your passion. You work hard with what your given, and that's good; but I need you to understand, a lot of us don't want this to be our lives. We want out." Oh... so this is where this is headed... "so if you need any help planning or organizing or anything, please let us know. Your smart, but Black has a lot of people. You may be his new toy as well. So watch your back, cuz that's one thing we can't do for you." He gives me a two-fingered half-hearted salute and walks out of my room. I process what he just said. He knows about my parents, or lack thereof, he knows that I can plan a way out of here, he and some others want out, and I think I'm the youngest one here. Well, that's great. It means I have way more to prove. I ponder what else he said. He kept complimenting me like it would gain my trust, I'm not shallow, I know people can lie. My work ethic being stable and strong has nothing to do with me, it's because it's what my father taught me. I rub my face to try and wash away thoughts of my parents. I can't think about them right now. Right now, I need to set a trap, and figure out which of the others are loyal to Black, and which are loyal to me.

(1524 words)

Ayyyyyyy

It might be getting better!

Might...

Hopefully...

Pls send help.