Chapter 6

I walked into Grunty throwing a temper tantrum about me. He yelled, "Grunty no like Keaton!" And a table whizzed past my head and I had to duck for cover. Because that's how I want to be introduced to this new floor, I mean, it was a pretty nice table that Grunty destroyed. I wonder if everything else is like that, and I would kind of like to live long enough to find out. I hear doctors scrambling and frantically trying to calm Grunty down because nobody wants an angry Hulk-ish creature. It never goes well. I would know, on top of my being the quarterback, and valedictorian I was quite a nerd when it came to comics too. Man, I was all over the place. How did I have time for everything?! Back on to my current life, I was hiding behind the door that happened to be metal so I felt some degree of safety. I heard another table come crashing into the wall and suddenly there was a dent in my protection. And there goes my feeling of safety.
"Oh forget it," I mutter to myself as I open the door and walk straight in front of grunting and panting Grunty. "Would you stop throwing things around?" I demand, "You're making a wreck of this place. I don't care if you like me or not but at least be considerate to the others in this building that have to clean up after you when you throw a temper tantrum." I use my powers slightly on him to see the effect and like normal his eyes glaze over and he follows my command by nodding and then muttering an apology to the doctors and the lone janitor then sits up against the wall and pouts. The doctors look at me, amazed. Before they can ask how I did that I say, "I'm Keaton Will, I'm here for power training?"
"Ah, yes, the new recruit." the first doctor says, his name is Jason. How do I know that? I'll have to ask my powers.
"Did he do it? Do you have mind control?" Another doctor named Tony asked himself mostly.
(And telepathy? Yes. Yes, he did. Do you want me to show you the mind control?) I telepathy him. He nods and I am finally figuring out my powers. It's only been nine days and I was unconscious for most of it but still, finally. "Show me where I'm supposed to go," the doctors get that familiar glazed look and take me to a room. I take a moment to examine the room, it's empty except for a metal table and a wooden chair. "What are you going to do to me?"
"We are going to test and record your abilities and report them to Mr. Black," the last doctor with one of the most generic names ever, Frank, said.
"Ah, well, good luck. I've been trying to figure out my powers and I haven't been doing well," I reply with some amusement in my tone. They nod and get to work.
A couple hours later I have finished "training," mostly just messing with the people with stupid commands that they record then had to tell Mr. Black about. I had fun. I went back to the rec room and saw Grunty pouting and sitting in a corner still. All he did was change corners though, Wendy was near the corner trying to comfort him. He seemed upset that I was able to mind control him, but seriously though, he has the mental capacity of a two year old. Still, I feel bad for him, the serum really messed with his head, and body, but that's besides the point. The room stiffened as I walked in, people were still weary of me. Not that I can blame them. I went to the couch and sat down when one of Blacks lackeys walked in and handed me, Sheldon, and Vivian files for our next assasination. We study our files then Vivi and Sheldon come over to the couch so we can discuss our plan. Soon we will be leaving to assassinate the prime minister of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong. Do I know why Black wants him dead? No, no I do not. All I know is that he will be dead within the next twenty-four hours. Vivi, Sheldon and I agree that I will snipe, Vivi be a distraction - which she excels at - and Sheldon will tail the Prime Minister and keep me updated. Normally a stunt like this would take a few days to weeks of planning but since we all have been doing this for so long, and because of our powers, this will be a breeze, which - I suppose - was the point of the serum in the first place. I decide that after a long day of pain and testing I will hit the hay, so I say goodnight and head to my room. Before I make it to my room, Siphon - the jerk - decides to pay me a visit by blocking the corridor to the mens trainees sector.
"You know, I do hope you try to pull a stunt again like you did this last time. It was quite fun draining you, you have more power than the others so it's such a rush." He starts creepily. And I feel my headache grow just from being this close to him.
"Oh, I might consider that, thanks for the option. I'm so glad I could help you," My response was steeped in sarcasm. He looked amused at my response and let me pass.
"Finally, someone who speaks my language. I've been getting lonely," he says with a fake, pitiful pout. I roll my eyes and push past him and go to my room. He laughs greedily, "Oh I really can not wait until I get to torture you again." and with that I step into my room and lock out that creep. I quickly change, then collapse onto my bed and fall asleep and dream of a clamp around my head and someone slowly making it tighter until finally my head explodes.

(1027 words)

Sorry for slacking. Hopefully I can get more words than that next chapter!