Conflict

"Ow," I silently gasped as I touched the bruising around my neck.

    Fucking Kieran. He came out of nowhere and nearly choked me to death, I felt myself actually begin to pass out but he, thankfully, let go. It still doesn't excuse his bullshit behavior. He always does this. He's acts nice and gentle one second then heartless the next. The worst part is I can't do shit to defend myself and even if I tried, things would be worse than before. I groaned. Apparently, today marked 2 months of my stay in this rich prison.

    I sighed and gripped the edge of the counter before building what I had left in me to leave the bathroom. I shut the door and trotted back into the all too quiet bedroom. But eventually, the scratching static air stopped agitating my ears.

    "I got you something," Kieran suddenly said.

    I jerked mid-walk and met eyes with him, letting out a sigh filled with my anxiety. I didn't hear him come in. He must've just gotten back. I pursed my lips together and nodded my head.

    Kieran walked further into the room and revealed the bag he had behind his back. He set it down on the bed and looked at me before reaching inside and pulling whatever it was. Kieran pulled a box out and lifted the lid too slowly, revealing a black pair of shining platform stiletto heels. And of course, Kieran being Kieran, these were red bottoms. I didn't even want to know the price.

    "You paid off 3K of your debt," He told me.

    I stared at the floor. Wait, only 3 thousand? I've been here longer than that. It should be more than 3K. I furrowed my eyebrows and bit the inside of my bottom lip.

    "You look confused," He chuckled, "I think you forgot what I told you at the beginning,".

    I looked up.

    He removed one shoe out of the box, "Whenever you misbehaved, right, you added 100 dollars to your debt rather than deducting it,".

    I didn't wait for him to finish speaking before unconsciously rolling my eyes to the side. Of course, what a load of shit. I just added 3 thousand more dollars to my debt instead. It's not even my debt.

    "What do you think?" He asked. My eyes moved from him to the shoes.

    He walked up to me and led me to the bed where he sat me down, took my slide off and placed the shoe perfectly on my foot. It was my exact size. He tugged at the shoe to make sure it fit as if he didn't already know every small thing about me. My shoe size as example.

    "How does it feel?" He asked.

    I pursed my lips, "Fine,".

    He grabbed my hands and lifted me up, "Try to walk,".

    This is too easy. I was a professional at walking in anything platformed or tall. I let go of his hands and took a confident step forward only for my ankle to nearly fold and have me fall to the floor. Kieran caught me in time by my arms and steadied me.

    "Are you okay?" He chuckled.

    I looked away from him with my face slowly turning red.

    "Don't be embarrassed," He laughed.

    "I'm not," I answered.

    "Your face says otherwise," He grinned as he shifted my face to look at him.

    Kieran's eyes were playful and sparkly unlike most of the time when they were cold and dark. Looking into them now was like looking into a completely different person, like the person I met at the bar. When I had no idea what  his true intentions were, when I didn't know a thing about him besides the fact that his favorite drink was an Old Fashioned. The good days.