Joyride

Shadow couldn't keep back the goofiest smile Sonic had ever seen, teeth showing past the wet lips. He wondered just why he very quickly felt so strongly towards the black hedgehog, and why his silly smile made him calm, of all things. He knew Shadow rarely smiled, yet he felt he had seen it so much during the short span they had shared, a teasing smile, a horny smile, an annoyed smile. But not like this smile, which was genuine and real. He never wanted it to go away.
Shadow, however, did not like what he had shown his- he had to assume now former- rival. A very private part of himself he hadn't seen since the Ark. There was no real reason Sonic could make him act like this, other than lust. Of course it was just lust, no relationship could form between them, they simply lived two different lifestyles. So why did he stutter so hard when he replied, "t-th-hat's.. f-funny.." he panted as his cock rammed back inside, Sonic squeaking underneath him. His smile turned to a grit as he felt tension building up, burning around his groin.
"Cum, Sonic." He demanded, pushing his forehead into the blue one.
It happened together again, in perfect sync with each other, they both cried out the others name in ecstasy, Shadow pulled out this time and a mess of shared white pooled onto Sonics stomach.
"Hah.. hah.." They breathed.
"I'm so confused." Sonic said quietly.
This couldn't be good news, Shadow did not want to start arguing again as it wouldn't end the same as before.
"It's only been a day.. it shouldn't.. feel like this.." Breathed pale peach lips.
Shadow lifted himself off his partner, grabbing the others hand and standing him back in the water. He swiped left on the console and soapy water came out. He didn't want to have this conversation, especially after a mere night and day together, it was too quick, too much.
Sonic scrubbed himself off this time, while Shadow turned away from him and exited the shower.
Blue ears fell to his head, Sonic didn't appreciate being ignored.
He couldn't know that Shadow was fighting with himself, a self-protective thought kept beating down a happy one. Sonic may have power to match, but he wasn't like him. He wasn't immortal. He didn't even recollect if Sonic knew about that, he never wondered before just how much the other might know about him.
He opened a cupboard under the sinks and pulled out two puffy white towels, and turned around expecting more time to brood, only to be shocked by Sonics face right behind him.
"Why?" He asked, handing a towel over.
"That is the question we're both asking ourselves, isn't it?" Sonic gingerly looked Shadow, a sort of unseen barrier behind his eyes.
Shadow wasn't one for heart to hearts, "look, I don't know what you're thinking but this is nothing more than what we agreed on."
"What did we agree on?" Sonic questioned, tilting his head.
"I- sex, we agreed to fuck. We didn't agree to fal- er- be friends."
Sonic nodded. He knew Shadow wasn't being honest, he also knew it wouldn't do any good to pry.
"Could you take me home then?"
Shadows stomach churned at himself. Sonic couldn't go home sad, he might call off the deal and that's the last thing the black hedgehog wanted.
He sighed, "what about a run instead?"
"A run?" Sonic finished drying himself and tossed the towel randomly across the room, Shadow didn't bother to correct it.
"Yeah, a run. Don't you want to run with
someone who can actually keep up for a change?"
Sonic nodded, turning to his and Shadows shoes. They slipped the runners on and Shadow tenderly took Sonics hand and they disappeared, the floor still completely soaked.

Always a weird feeling to chaos control to another location. Sonic could do it when equipped with all seven emeralds, but Shadow had the annoying ability to blip anywhere he wanted however much he wanted, and he used it over and over again trying to find an empty field, road, trail or beach. It was certainly different to do so without the emeralds, Sonic was beginning to get dizzy.
"Jus-" blip "pick-" blip "a place!"
"Here!" Shadow finalized and released Sonics hand.
In front of them was a long stretch of sand, twinkling water on one side, flowing grass on the other. One could tell by its appearance that it wasn't a maintained area, there were logs littered on the shore and the grass was so overgrown you could vanish in its green. The afternoon air felt like a blessing on Sonics still damp cheeks, it was a perfect beach breeze.
"Alright, how do you want to-" Shadow began, but Sonic was gone before he finished.
Shadow blinked after the blue trail and instinctively began to chase after it, putting all his might into catching up.
He jumped logs and dodged crabs, dashing through a storm of sand created by Sonics own feet. He knew he wouldn't get there without a little help, so he controlled himself to be side by side Sonic, who shook his head at the cheap move.
"This isn't a race!" Shadow called.
"Only 'cause you're losing!"
"Losing?" The challenge pushed Shadow forward, greatly improving his already otherworldly speed. Sonic followed in suit, hands bouncing behind him.
It was a race for something neither knew, but both wanted. At the end of an unmarked finish line there had to be a victory, why else run with someone else? Whether it be a trophy or bragging rights, a prize must be won.
So why were they not even trying? Their speed matched perfectly, zooming past miles and miles of beach in seconds, knowing they could take it even further, but didn't. They stayed side by side, feeling the calming breeze, enjoying it together.
Sonic was never able to have a joy run with someone else, no one could keep up with him and Shadow wasn't his friend, so he never bothered to ask.
For Shadow, he had preferred to dash alone, where no one could bother him because they couldn't keep up. However Sonics silent presence was somehow even better.
Very heavy words were following through the air behind them, ones they both felt but would never dare to say.