chapter five.

"Klaus? Hi!" Klaus turned around to see Serenity staring at him with a smile on her face.

"Hello." Klaus said, coldly. Serenity walked closer to him, frowing.

"You okay...?" She asked, looking worried.

"Excellent. Yourself?" He said, widening his eyes making her feel slightly intimidated. She licked her lips and sighed.

"I'm fine." She said, uneasily. They stood there for a few minutes, not speaking. Just staring. Serenity slowly started to back away, frowning. Klaus sighed deeply.

"Ugh, Serenity. Wait." He demaned. She whirrled around.

"What?" She asked, impatiently.

"Come with me." He said, walking towards her and going to grab her hand. She yanked her hand away and pursed her lips, trying to stand a little taller.

"Where?" She asked. Klaus grabbed her hand, completely oblivious to her trying to avoid touching him. "Ok then..." She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"What is this?" Serenity demanded, as she looked over a beautiful river just across from a bright green bank the other side. "We're not meant to be getting to the other side, right?" Klaus raised one eyebrow and half-smiled at her. "No, Klaus. No." She said. But as soon as she could argue against him, he whisked her off her feet as walked through the water. "Klaus! Put me down you moron!" She screamed, failing to carry on being serious. They got to the bank, and he lay her down, as he lay beside her. He sighed. She propped her head up. "What was that sigh for?" She asked.

"I'm not being myself, Serenity. I'm just not. And I don't know why." He said, sounding frustrated and confused.

"How? How are you not being yourself?"

His voice grew louder and sharper. "I'm not the good guy. I don't fall for people. I do bad things. Things that I can't talk about to you. I don't end up liking pretty girls that don't know me, hell, I've only talked to you for three hours! The point is, you don't me. I don't even know me right now. For the first time in my life, I am undoubtably confused. And I hate it." Serenity sat there. Silent. She bit her lip.

"Change is good." She said simply, as she lay her head back onto the grass. His eyes followed her. He was truly amazed by her. Her character, her poise, her perspective. Her smile grew. "Wait, did you just say you don't fall for people? Why tell me that, Klaus?" She said playfully, winking and nudging him. She laughed.

"I fancy you." He said. Without any hesitation. Serenity looked shocked.

"But even you said, we only talked for three hours. How could you possibly like me?" She asked, confused.

"You're just... I can't explain it. You're wise beyond your years, not to mention you're the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. The world has so much to offer you, Serenity. So much." He said, not taking his eyes off the sky. She took a deep breath.

"You shouldn't fall for me. And you certainly shouldn't fall in love with me, under any circumstances. Please don't." She said, her voice shaking. She got up to walk away, but he got up too. Faster than light. Woah...

"What if I do?" He asked.

"You won't, Klaus. You can't. I'm too emotional, I'm a mess. I will ruin you and I'll bring you down with me and you're much too beautiful for that. This is not what you could ever want, Klaus. Nobody could ever want or love me. I'm too much of a train wreck. I say all of this with one hand on my heart, I could never be loved. I'm horrible." She said, giving into the tears. They were rolling down her face. Klaus sat up immediately and took her into his arms. "I don't care. I don't care what you think, I don't care what you could do to someone. I think you're perfect." She pulled away, and looked him in the eyes. Her eyes trailed down to his lips and she watched them. "I've met many, many people throughout my life. And none of them really touched me. And then I met you. The innocent, pretty young girl sat on a bench reading Charles Dickens. Now that is different. I will believe in you, Serenity. I will believe in you even if you fail to believe in yourself."

"How are you so sure of everything?" She asked Klaus.

He took in a deep breath. "You are the books you read, the films you watch, the people you meet, the dreams you have and the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner. You are a collective of every experience you have ever had in your life. You are every day. So you might aswell drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence."

She half smiled. He was so wise and different and interesting. She was finding herself so unbelievably drawn to him. "Are you going to keep staring at my lips or are you going to kiss me?" He asked, playfully. She took his head in her hands and kissed him, refusing to hesistate. It was the sort of kiss that sent sparks through her body. His hands trailed down to her waist and his lips down her neck. "Klaus?" She whispered.

"Yes?" He said.

"Thankyou." Their lips touched one last time.

~

Klaus slammed the door behind him. It's like he had two alter egos. One good guy, one hybrid. The hybrid half speaks for itself. He kicked the armchair in the corner, and he dug his head in his hands. I don't even know her but her ora is so stupidly strong I feel like I do know her, he thought. What is even happening?

~

GUYSSSSSS ik i havent updated since before christmas but am backkkkkkk for gooooooood :-) i love u