chapter four

CHAPTER04;
memories resurfaced

CAUTION;
mentions of - trauma, needles/human experiments,
violence, triggers and slight implications of death.

━━━━━━━━

THEY SAY   nightmares aren't that bad. nightmares are just dreams with a scary twist, that nightmares will always end. they reassure you of this and though there is a moment where the nightmare consumes you - it fades eventually. the feeling is fleeting and you forget, you always forget.

so when [name] first had nightmares, he did not think of them as things to be scared of. he had a life that was equivalent to a never-ending nightmare. even when he dreamt that he was drowning, he never flinched. even when he dreamt of a demon crawling from underneath his bed to pull him into the dark, he never flinched.

even when he dreamt of anya leaving, he never flinched.

because he always woke up, he was always unharmed and anya was always there. for a moment, the nightmares stopped. when he escaped that horrible facility with anya and ended up at an orphanage, then did those nightmares return.

however, they were no longer nightmares. but horrible memories that he thought he had forgotten.

they at first, started off small. just bits and pieces of a memory he had. it was short, something he didn't dwell on.

but as time passed and as he took in new names, lived in new homes - the memories started spiraling, spiraling into a horrible pit of anguish, fear, suffering and hate.

they were all different but were set in the same place every single time. they were always back at the facility. even when he left, the mark of that damn organization burned deep inside him and as much as he tried to remind himself that 'i'm free, they won't find us' the nightmares never ceased and only grew to mock that reminder.

the first horrible memory he had dreamt of was when he had first gone to test his powers, on a human.

the scientists, the adults who had taken in his sister and him had gotten a man and placed him in a room with him. he was four at the time, he was still learning how to talk. the man was a runaway criminal who had murdered his wife and at the promise of money- well, who wouldn't say no to money at this day and age?

especially not a runaway.

they left the four year old alone with the man. in a pale white room with only a table and chair. a speaker was in the corner of the ceiling, it was probably used by the scientists. as the two sat down on the table and chair - the speaker gave its command.

"command him to stand, subject 007-2." again, he was a four year old who couldn't even get his s's out properly. he barely even knew if his power worked on humans! the four year old was left to stare at the man. a nervous habit when he had no idea what to do so he looked to an adult for help.