chapter sixteen

CHAPTER16;
bomb dog bond!

CAUTION;
mentions of - attempted murder.

━━━━━━━━

SOMEWHERE FAR   in a place where no life seemed present, a van pulled to a stop. a building presented itself before the van and two men of differing appearances exited out the vehicle. they both stood in front of the building, as wide and tall as it was - the men were there for business and they wasted no time entering the building.

once inside, the travelled down hallways that seemed to stretch for miles on end until they finally stopped just outside a door. the minute the door opened, the sound of howling and ravaging barks filled their ears. the room was filled with dogs, all big with teeth bared and ready to attack. 

despite the noise, the men were quick to load each cage that carried a dog into the van. it was a tedious job for two men but they to be quick and discreet. the dogs put up quite a fight, they wouldn't stop barking unless one of the men beat them into submission. once the van was filled to their liking, the pair smirked at how compliant the few canines had gotten.

"okay, everything's ready." one of the men said, eyes narrowed like a snakes. his companion glided his vision over the array of animals and nodded to the man "let's get started." with a slam of the van door, the vehicle drove off.

[name] bit his lip to hold back the small smile on his face. currently, they were at the adoption fair. after anya had suggested the idea of getting a pet for their reward - loid agreed and had led them to a pet shop. the pet shop itself was fine, the dogs were the only problem to anya apparently as they were far too scary for her.

[name] looked around in wonder, eyes wide and big at the sight of so many animals gathered in one big building. currently, the forgers were at the adoption fair. when loid had asked the two for a reward, anya was quick to suggest on getting a pet for their reward - of course, this was not only because of her personal interest but as a way to finally get close to damian. prior to this visit, the family had tried to adopt a canine companion at a locat pet shop [which was coincidentally connected to loids business] but after a thorough check of the animals, anya became displeased which prompted for the forgers to move to the adoption fair instead.

though loid wasn't with them at the moment, after they had left to go to the adoption fair he had made a grand excuse about going to the bathroom. of course [name] already deduced the adult had went to do his spy activities - it had become a gut instinct at this point, every time loid would leave so suddenly during an outing the oldest forger twin would already assume beforehand that he would be off doing spy work.

at any rate, it seemed the forgers were not the only family who were looking for a new addition to the family. many couples and families were also at the event, whom were either in the process of adopting or had already adopted and were ready to leave with their new fuzzy friend.

the building was full of noise, something [name] would have found annoying if not for the bundle of kittens who had gained his full attention.

the litter of kittens were all a mix of ginger, white and blonde. despite being so inexplicably adorable, the boy could not bring himself to touch such cute felines with his own hands. it was funny to think that he was just forcing ants to battle to the death just a few weeks ago and yet he can't even touch such a small kitten.