chapter eleven

CHAPTER11;
a crush ?

━━━━━━━━

IT WAS   the day after the incident with anya socking damian in the face. the morning began like usual, with loid preparing the families breakfast and getting the day started on his own. not long after did yor awaken and enter with a yawn. her hair was neatly held back by her headband but a few strands of bed head escaped under the accessory. in her arms she held [name], the incident had left his vocal chords sore and had inevitably led to him being mute for the rest of the day.

though the medicine loid made him drink had worked, it still didn't ease the strain in [name]'s voice every time he uttered a single sound.

he could speak a few words atleast, by a few I mean only one word per hour before he needs to drink medicine again. the pain was excruciating but comparing it to the first time he tried dual manipulation, he can confidently say it got a little better - but it was still painful.

yor set [name] down on the seat opposite from anyas, anya had still to wake and join the family so at the moment her seat was empty. loid placed both his breakfast and a glass of his medicine beside him - gently shaking the boy awake, [name] opened his eyes groggily and yawned. rubbing the sand out his eyes, he placed a hand under his shirt to itch at a certain spot before his eyes glided from his food to the medicine.

it was soup, loid made sure to only let him have liquids like soup for now, just until his throat got better. [name] didn't really hate soup but he couldn't eat most of his favorite meals since a majority of them are solids.

reluctantly, he ate his soup and medicine together. the medicine left a bitter taste on his tongue but the soup brought relief soon after. anya hid behind a wall, finally awake, she was guilty about yesterday and loid could see. she reluctantly went over to the table when loid called for her. slipping into the seat with her head down.

once anya took her seat, loid placed a plate of food in front of her "sorry I messed up at school . . " she apologized along with yor. she was partly- no, she was responsible for it because she was the one who taught the young girl to even do that. or so she believes that was the case.

"what's done is done, it's fine as long as you learned your lesson and don't get into any more fights. [name] slow down with the soup-"

while loid wiped the mess that [name] made on his pajamas, loid spoke yet again to reassure anya of her mistake "so chin up already, you're starting class today! [name] bring your medicine to school and take it after you have lunch." anya and [name] nodded, anya to loids advice and [name] to his reminder.

yor smiled at him. fond of the way he dotes on the two before continuing on with her breakfast.

once the two were dressed and on the bus. loid did his final checkups before reminding anya to apologize to damian. [name] huffed, nibbling on a piece of chocolate yor had given him secretly. as the bus drove off and loid gave his goodbyes, the twins began their official first day at school. 

when they arrived - [name] went off the bus first and helped anya down. the two walked hand in hand to school like they'd always do when they were outside. along the way they encountered becky just getting out her car, she glanced back at her butler before setting off onto the school grounds.