chapter seven

CHAPTER07;
including [name] was a pain

━━━━━━━━

TODAY WAS   the day the results of the exams were to be announced. families hastily entered the academy, eager to know what was their childrens fate. some families were lucky, bouncing with tears as they cheered happily. 

other families however, were not as lucky.

and it just so happened that our protagonist was in the same situation as these latter families. 

loid, anya, yor and [name] all looked to the board, mortified. neither of the childrens numbers were on the board and the pair could only feel the guilt, dread and horror being pushed down upon them. 

'it's not there . . neither of our numbers, are there . . ' anya was petrified. her right hand was being held by yor but she could feel her body go numb the more she realized - she failed, they  failed. dread consumed her, was this . . the end?

somewhere far in the west. lied a secret organization that specialized in intelligence; this was the same organization loid worked for. a man sat behind a variety of monitors - all of which, depicted and surveyed numerous locations across the east to the west, it also broadcasted news stations, people etc.

a woman approached said man, a clipboard in hand.

"it's today isn't it?" she says, looking to the man while he observed a video document of loid on the monitor. "hm? what is?"

"you don't know, sir . . ? its the exam results for eden academy, they're being announced at 1200 hours."

the man smirked, a proud smirk, he knew not to doubt the capabilities of his top agent. afterall, things always went his way.

"oh you mean that thing agent twilight is handling?"

"operation strix is a vital part of our strategy to move towards peace between east and west! please try to pay more attention to it, sir!" the woman scolded. she hadn't been in the organization for long I assume, so she was confused why her superior was taking such a matter so lightly. especially when he only assigned one agent for the job.

"don't worry, whatever else that man knows what he's doing. I'm sure we'll get his report saying 'the cherry blossoms bloom' soon enough."

"and what does that mean, sir?" the woman was astonished. anyone who her boss thinks of so highly must be amazing, this man led an entire organization afterall.

"it's a code we borrowed from the orient, 

it means we passed."

'we failed.' all four family members chorused in their minds. their faces expressed doom and disbelief. even the usually enigmatic and reserved son was looking on with wide eyes and an agape mouth.