chapter fifteen

CHAPTER15;
stella for two

CAUTION;
mentions of - drowning, near death experience.

━━━━━━━━

THE ROOM   was dim, with only the light from the TV to brighten its corners. anya sat in front of the TV, acutely aware of the presence that lingered behind her - sifting through papers of what she new well as her test papers. all of which, were scored with poor grades. [name] laid beside her, wrapped in a pastel blue blanket while he slept soundly. unaware of the doom his sister was feeling. 

loid passively looked between both her and [name]s papers. an unnerving silence overwhelmed anya as loid continued with his mannerisms. so far, the tests were more so in favor of [name] who received grades slightly above anyas - but were far too average to widen the eyes at. still, loid could see a trace of potential, only a trace though.

loid was relived to know that atleast one child wasn't failing.

"anya."

"busy now, cartoons." despite the excuse, anya was not paying attention to the cartoon at all.

the lights flickered open causing [name] to squint his eyes and hiss from the attack. he rubbed the sand out the crevices of his eyes while anya shrieked - yelling about how she didn't wanna study. she tried escaping into the hall but loid was fast, he lifted her by her underarms and lead her to the sofa where he once was sat in.

of course, anya did not go along to his whims quietly. she flailed around like a fish out of water, thinking it'd loosen his grip atleast a little. it didn't work and it made loid grip her tighter. "stop struggling! you promised me we'd study at five o'clock!" [name] groaned after being reminded of the fact. he wanted to argue but he had just woken up so his voice was rather hoarse, he could just act like he was asleep but loid had already seen him wake up - acting like he was asleep wouldn't have worked either, loid was too observant for that.

he rolled around on the floor, wrapping himself up like a burrito before bouncing over to the coffee table where he assumed the studying would take place.

"you're a meanie, papa! a big meanie!" anya insulted loid, who remained unbothered and simply dragged her over to where [name] patiently waited. he pulled out an assortment of school supplies and mock papers for the two to fill out. 

[name] slumped his head on the table after anya was scolded yet again for getting something wrong. "[name], don't think I can't see you not answering the test!" [name] blew a raspberry at loid who sighed in frustration. yor went closer to the three and picked up each twins test paper. she looked between the two curiously

"oh, but . . look at this, loid! her math score isn't bad at all and [name]'s poem earned him an 'B+"!" yor ruffled [name]s head, the boy leaning in instinctively to her touch. leave it to yor to be optimistic despite any circumstance.

"great job you two!"

 "two eighths of am-yoo-nish-un."