Part 18

"Why?" you answer when you hear a knock. "It's me" you hear Jimin's voice on the door. "Come in" you then pull down your sleeves to hide the bite that you caused on your arm by biting yourself because of hunger. It has been more than a week since you've locked yourself in your room. 

Your body was getting worse than you thought. You clearly felt you could turn into a zombie anytime soon.
You were afraid, afraid that you would die without seeing your parents also kill everyone else. "It's a waste, you know that right?" you speak in a low voice as you sit on your bed and wrap your hands around your legs. 

"I know" he heavily breaths. "Jimin-ah" you call him as he places the glass of water and bread on the night stand. "Sit" you pat the bedsheet. 

"Don't you think we should sort out old things?" you look at him with a lump on your throat. "You're not going to die. The government will find the cure-" "This thing doesn't have a cure Jimin" you were frustrated.

"Government? You think that there are still people around us after all this?" you add.

"All of us will die anyway. Either it will be due to starvation or it will be me" you sigh and lay your head down on your rested arms. Jimin gets baffled as he doesn't know what should he say that may console you. 

Right then you hear faint sound. Your head abruptly shoots up as you look toward the window. "Can you hear that?" "What?" Jimin frowns.

“Guys!!! Look over there" outside the balcony of your apartment, Haeseok shouts. "We're getting rescued. We can survive" he happily shouts and you too run outside the living room. 
Jungkook instantly points the knife at you who was still afraid of you.

"What? You still scared?" you hiss at him and act as if you would bite him.
“Move" you briskly walk outside the balcony and then you see a helicopter approaching toward the apartment from a far. 

"Sir, you think there are survivors?" the soldier inside the helicopter speaks to him. Just a glare from their head could do all to shut the soldier's mouth.

“Are there any survivors? I repeat are there any survivors?" the soldier speaks through the microphone, while the comrade looks through binoculars. 

"Jimin-ah, you were right" you smile. "We are here to rescue you" the soldiers says. "That must be my father" Wonsik runs toward the balcony and waves at the helicopter.

"Appa.........Appa. He's here to save us" he shouts when it starts to approach the apartment building. Then everyone rushes to the balcony and starts to wave, along with you.

"Sir, you were right. There are survivors" the soldier who was operating the helicopter informs and he moves his binoculars toward your apartment balcony.

Soon after other survivors run to their apartment balcony as well. There were many survivors than you expected, which you were glad of. 

"Wonsik-ah" the head, Wonsik's father whispers with a relief, as his face lights up slowly. "Give me" he then snatches the microphone from the soldier’s hand and speaks, "Everyone!!! Stay where you are, we're here to rescue you all" 
Everyone starts to cheer happily and breathes in relief after seeing the rescue team along with you.

"I'll meet you at the rooftop, sharp 5 pm" he adds and signals the soldier to avert the helicopter toward their shelter. 

"What do you mean? Aren't you going to save us?" while the other residents shouts. Meanwhile your mind kept repeating comrade's sentence. "Guys" you call everyone. "He only wants to save his son" you add.