Royal/fantasy (you are just trying to survive)

A/N: hey I'm up here to tell y'all that this is a lil sneak peak/ beta version of the book I'm writing, I'm super excited to start writing and publishing the book I want to show y'all my ideas and designs over all I hope you enjoy this, please critique!!

—————————————————————————

         You are a simple maid you have been working with the Afton manor since you were 10 years old now after all those years you know all the ins and outs with every Afton from the secret closets too the moles that lays on every afton. Though the knowledge you have can get you killed fairly easy
so you kept your head down and only spoke unless you were spoken to. Which isn't much since no one with a higher class of your own talked to you,

    Socially you were screwed you were at the bottom of the barrel, thankfully do to your mother's work you managed to work along the same role as her better than being homeless you guess and hey you have a decent education! So that's something, it could be worse you could be rat food.

        Gratefulness aside you hated your job you hate how the head of the family William always gave you a cold stare when you enter the room you know that's just how he is always watching you like you were a rabbit and he's a hawk he stands tall and looks at you with disgust like he can't stand your presence in his house. The next his wife she always watched when you work which is weird she gots tons of other maids to watch but she watched you sometimes she talks about her prime how she used to dance, maybe you've been here for so long she grew fond of you in her own weird Afton way. Sometimes she gives you a weird smile like she knows something that you don't, you don't know if you should be scared or not.

      Now the children of the head family reminds of your younger relatives like your cousins, nieces, and nephews. The youngest who was never too far away from his mother was soft spoken he often read while you clean his room or he would try telling you about the "monsters" that come and try to attack him. You made sure to let him know he could come to you to fight them off. You said hi to his little plush bear and when sees you cleaning he makes the bear wave at you.

     Elizabeth is the only one that treats you like you are of equal status to her though you think it has to do with the fact that she thinks you are worth looking up to. You always did her hair in nice little braids so she wouldn't mess it up when she went in the garden, you listened to her talk about her day and she gossips to you about her family. You made sure to give her the extra attention her mother doesn't give her. Same with the youngest he won't look at anyone in the eyes except you whenever the oldest comes around the youngest one was right next to you hiding away from his brother.

    Which the oldest one is the worst in your opinion Michael makes it his mission to make your life difficult. He makes huge messes and blames you when you don't have it cleaned in a timely manner and he terrorizes you constantly. Did you mention how he constantly gets his room messy then watches to make sure you clean correctly like he knows how to clean! He probably doesn't even know how to clean his own ass!

     No matter your frustrations you must keep calm a person who is in such a low social class like you can't get caught slipping. You keep to yourself and avoid going out of your boundaries and stay on the family's good side. If you keep at this you can have enough money to own a small plot of land and can have a house of your own. You will have peace it will be difficult but your whole life has been difficult at least when you have your own property you won't have to worry about getting killed for oversleeping. You will make sure you have enough money for making your own crops to live off and you know how to quilt and other shit to help sell. You will get live independently. Just have to survive a few more years.

-
-
-

       You were washing some sheets and blankets in the washroom when the head of the family called for you. At this point you were dead if you didn't die after this meeting then someone else will try to kill you, plus with this attention you have now all of the other maids will turn a blind eye at your misfortune.

        You walked to the office where William spends most of his time, there you see his wife and his eldest. Michael Fucking Afton, with the biggest smug look you have ever seen you now feel a bit impatient because whatever is about to will become a big hassle for you. You give a bow and wait to be spoken to. When William does speak he doesn't look at you he is focus on the book that he has in front of him. It probably has to do with politics and random rich people crap.

"You've been here for quite some time?,"  The head says,

      well he said it like it was a question the way he talks makes it difficult for you to understand what his motive is. You worked here since childhood and you still know nothing of this man.

"Yes sir," you made your voice clear and quick.

   The head of the Aftons still didn't look up at you, he stays silent for a long time until he puts down his book and looks at you. He still isn't saying anything and he looks at you like he is about to dissect you, his stare is hard and cold and you want run away but you're legs are frozen. He going to cut you off. He must've have realized you are not needed and you are going to have to live out on the streets you probably will have to work at a brothel.

"I'm assigning you a different position, you are to work personally with my eldest for rest of the time being." He then goes back to reading the book he speaks one last time "You will also be receiving a higher pay...you can leave."

"Yes sir" 

       You say those words with your head down and your hands clenched together, of course the one person you don't want to be near is someone you have to work with. You walk up to Michael and punch in his face spit on his father face and give his mother the bird. You don't do that instead you give a slight bow and and walk away. You didn't look at Michael the whole time his father was talking. You can't give Michael the satisfaction of knowing he got on your damn nerves.

   Walking out and going back to finish your chores all the other maids, servants, and other workers of the house watched you trying and failing and being deceitful. The head of the family is known for being ruthless. You walking out like nothing has happened is an anomaly. You kept your eyes forward you kept on working, you ignored the whispers they will die down soon. You just have to keep calm until you can get out of here.

-
-
-
        Michael the next night after your position change insisted on you accompanying him to look outside when even though you knew he could ask the guards to accompany him you still went out with him. He lead across the patio then he grabbed your hand firmly and had you climb up at the roof. Maybe this is how you die, all he has to do is push you and you'll be dead. He ignored your questions on where he was going. He lead you to the very top of the manor well the highest place you could comfortably stand on. He is still holding his hands even though he doesn't have to, you notice that his face is pink now. He pulls you closer and makes you sit down.

"I heard from the astronomer that a meteor shower is expected tonight," He says quietly.

If possible his face turns a a darker shade of pink. You decided not to mention it.

"That's nice... I never had the chance to see them,"  you are nervous undoubtedly someone who can give you hell on earth is treating you like a human being.

     He moves closer to you, he has a small smile on his face. A smile you haven't seen since Elizabeth died. You are almost taken aback, but you knew better than to let your guard down. He doesn't  say anything else and you are silently waiting for something bad to happen. All that comes that night is shooting stars and the warmth of Michael Fucking Afton.