Part 17

"You are one lucky bas***d...I did not imagine it would be so easy!"

"I told you, did I not...I have lived with her for ten years...I know what she will do and what she won't!"

"So, did you expect her to waive her rights in the property too?"

"I did, Kushal...she is too proud to want to share in anything to do with me now'.!"

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Sell them all off...and send her a cheque for her share of the proceeds...what she chooses to do with that is up to her...but I do not want or need it!"

"Makes sense...and she still does not want to accept it, we can donate it to charity in her name...and send her the receipt!"

"If it comes to that, then I suppose so...what next?"

"I'll file this in the courts...there will be the mandatory waiting period...will see if I can expedite that...it is a mutual after all...should be easy going from here!"

 "Thank you for everything, yaar!"

"I am doing all this for my bhabhi...you have no clue what a big risk you took...you would have escaped unscathed still...but imagine her plight if Kavita had kicked up a fight and cited her as a co-respondent in her suit against you...I am still pissed off at you for putting bhabhi to that risk!"

"It was a calculated risk, Kushal...based on my reading of Kavita...but yes, it was a risk!"

"How she must love you to put herself to such risk...what a woman you have, Sid...what a woman!"

"I know, Kushal...believe me, I know that I am the luckiest man alive!"

Sidharth hugged Kushal to hide the sudden moistening of his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know you are single...so please don't mind my asking...but are you sexually active?"

"Yes...yes, I am!"

Shehnaaz answered Dr Parveen with quiet dignity.

She had been feeling unusually tired of late. She had put it down to the running around at Meethi's wedding initially! But it just did not seem to go away. There was no fever or any other symptom to treat with antibiotics either. She then decided that she was better off getting a routine check-up done!

"When was your last period?"

Shehnaaz thought back.

"Actually I am late by a couple of weeks...not unusual given that I have never been very regular!"

"Anyway, let us get some routine tests done...but before that, I would like to do a physical exam!"

"Sure. Dr Parveen!"

Shehnaaz got up and followed the doctor into the examination room!