Part 2

SORRY GUYS FOR SHARING LINK ON TWITTER BUT I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO SHARE STORY WITH OTHERS TO READ. I APOLOGIZE IF ANYONE GOT DISTURBED DUE TO IT🙈🙈
PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE AND SHARE. SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME. LET'S START😃

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No, I am not!"

"You mean you actually fainted in his arms?"

"Yep..so I did?"

"You fainted in the arms of this stunningly hot surgeon whom you've been drooling over ever since you started your internship?"

"Yes!"

"What did it feel like?"

"I was unconscious...how would I know?"

"Didn't you once tell me he could turn on a dead woman just by looking at her... you were only unconscious...and in his arms!"

"Meethi...shut up now!"

Shehnaaz could not help the crimson that stained her cheeks as the memory of being held in his arms came rushing back. Part of it was the ignominy of fainting in the arms of one of the hospital's topmost surgeons, a man whom she was supposed to be impressing with her medical skills. But a secret part of her, the womanly core, was not unaffected either! Even as she was losing consciousness, she could still smell the fragrance of his cologne, the strength of his arms and the hardness of his chest as he held her against himself. It was such sheer bliss that she'd felt glad that, just in case she was dying, this would be her last memory.

He had been her idol over the last few months. She almost revered the doctor that he was while the woman in her, like most others, could not help but notice his dashing good looks and disarming smile. She had never been a recipient of that smile, in fact he had not even been aware of her existence till today, but the smile had melted her insides both times she'd seen it being flashed on his patients. Not just any patients but the ones in the children's ward to be specific. He never smiled for anyone else. In fact, his reputation as Dr Cold Heart preceded him. He was known to be impatient and a stickler for perfection. In fact, the junior doctor, the one whom she had bribed in order to take her place, had been in tears on more than one occasion thanks to his caustic remarks. She had almost willingly succumbed to Shehnaaz's bribes and blackmail!

And then she had to go and spoil it all by getting all jittery at the OT. She had been nervous over being exposed, since he had not officially cleared her presence, and had wanted so badly to impress him. She did not want to make any foolish mistakes. Her Muma had taught her from childhood to recite the Gurbaani whenever she was nervous about something. So, she had been muttering it to herself even as she tried hard to focus on what was expected of her. Who would imagine that his repertoire of skills included auditory abilities non pareil! Finally, when she stood exposed in front of him, her nerves and an empty stomach had got the better of her and she had collapsed in his arms!

Stood exposed in front of him? Had she actually thought that? Was the choice of words a Freudian slip? God, what was wrong with her?

"Isn't he married though?"

Her flatmate's words doused her fevered imagination as effectively as a bucket of ice-cold water!

"Yes, he is!"

"So, have you met his wife? What does she look like? Going by the law of averages, she probably looks like a frump?"