Sidnaaz FF Pati, Patni aur Woh🤫🤫

Lucknow

July, 2008

"Some more Poha?"

"No, I am done!"

"Coffee then?"

"No, I am running late...I have a surgery scheduled in an hour!"

"Oh okay...got to be going too...I am scheduled to speak at the Nephrologists Conference this afternoon...any chance of your coming?"

"Oh...wish you'd told me earlier...I have a game of golf scheduled this afternoon with the Chairman of Apollo management committee...doesn't look nice to cancel at the last minute!"

"Of course...I understand...with an opening coming up on the Board of Directors, you shouldn't displease them...!"

"I knew you'd understand!"

"Ofcourse...don't I always?!"

Sid nodded his head as he stood up and picked up his coat.

"Should be home for dinner by eight...1"

"Oh...am sorry...I won't be around...have a dinner planned with the girls...what shall I ask Paras Kaka to make?""

"Don't bother...might end up going out for dinner myself...will call him and let him know if I need anything!"

"Fine then...and all the best with the surgery!"

"Thank you dear!"

Sid bent down and pecked at Rashmi's cheek before leaving in a hurry.

She stared at his retreating back before she heaved a long sigh.

Fifteen years of marriage, two successful careers, touted as the ideal couple in their social circles, a plush apartment in the heart of the city, two luxury cars, a farmhouse  in the suburbs, Sidnand she had everything that they wanted!

Her parents adored Sid while her Papa was fond of her too. Their decision not to have children had not gone down well with both families. But how did that matter?  Sid understood and accepted her decision and was happy with it even! It had been her dream to become one of the country's most sought after nephrologists. A child would have put paid to her plans and she had not been willing to let that happen. Sid had been so madly in love with her that he was willing to accept any of the conditions she laid down.  

She was now living her dream and how!  Her appointment register was choc a bloc and patients had to wait for weeks before getting to see her. She was a most sought after speaker at conferences and conventions. Her glamorous and camera friendly appearance often saw her gracing panels on TV talk shows even. She had the perfect life.

Rashmi set her cup of coffee down and got busy preparing for the gruelling schedule ahead!

Sid rushed into the hospital. He was in a foul temper. The traffic had been crazy, he had got into an altercation with a cabwallah who had stopped just short of ramming into his car, and, the result was that he was running late.