Chapter 29

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Tee's POV

When my front door buzzed I actually didn't want to get out of bed. But I knew that it was Tae at the door to deliver my medication for my migraine.

With wobbly feet I walked to my front door, my fingers pressing against the side of my head to try to stop the throbbing pain that was killing me.

By the time that I managed to turn the doorknob and pulled the door open I felt myself losing consciousness.

When I came to, I was back in my bed, with Tae hovering over me, with a very concerned look written all over his face.

He already had a glass of water in one hand, his other hand cupping the pill for my migraine.

When he noticed that I had recovered from my fainting spell, he set down the glass on my bedside table and used his free arm to prop me up so that I could take my medicine.

Then he carefully placed his hand against my lips so that he could drop the pill into my mouth.

I opened my mouth and he dropped the pill in. Then with his free arm still under my shoulder to steady me in my sitting position, he used his other hand to take the glass of water and placed it against my mouth.

I took a sip of the water and swallowed my pill.

"Would you like me to take you to the emergency room?" he asked.

"I don't think that a hospital visit is necessary," I replied. "I expect the migraine pill to take effect in at least half an hour."

"Alright," he said. "Would you like me to keep you company for the rest of the evening?"

"I don't want to be a burden to you," I replied, even though in my heart of hearts I badly wanted him to stay.

"You won't be a burden to me." he replied. "I would not be able to sleep wondering if you needed someone to take you to the hospital in the middle of the night."

"I'm really grateful for your kindness," I said, feeling very much touched by his concern for me. "I will not forget tor repay you once I'm better."

"Don't think about repaying me," he said. "Just think about getting better."

He slowly and gently helped me to lay back on my soft pillows.

"Have you had any dinner yet?" he asked.

"No," I replied. "I felt too weak to fix one."

"Will you mind if I looked around your kitchen to see what I can put together for dinner?" he asked.

"Of course not," I replied. "Make sure to fix one for yourself as well."

"I will prepare dinner for two," he said as he started to walk out of my bedroom.

I thanked my lucky stars that I had met Tae and had become his friend. I could tell that he was a very kind soul.

When he came back to the room, he was carrying a steaming bowl. He set it on my bedside table and scooped the steaming liquid with a soup spoon.

He blew on it before placing it close to my mouth.

It was yellow orange rice porridge.

"It's squash rice porridge," he said.

"Oh that's why it's colored yellow orange," I said before letting him pour it into my mouth.

In spite of my migraine, I enjoyed the soup so much that I finished it all.

"Thank you really so much, Tae, for being so kind and attentive to my needs," I said.

"Not a problem," he replied. "I would want you to do the same for me when ever I am in the same or similar situation."

"You can bet on it," I said firmly. "Now it's your turn to have dinner. I hope you fixed yourself something more than just the squash rice porridge."

"Don't worry about it," he said as he walked out my room carrying the empty bowl with him.

When he came back, he looked around the room.

"I don't think it would be a good idea for me to sleep in the living room," he said. "I might not be able to hear you call if you needed my help. I will lie on the floor beside your bed. The floor is thickly carpeted so it will be comfortable for me to lie on."

"Oh, no, no!" I protested. "I wouldn't dream of you lying on the floor when my bed is large enough for two people. You must lie down here beside me. My illness is not contagious. Migraine is not caused by a bacteria or a virus."

"Silly goose," he scolded me. "I wasn't thinking of your migraine as something contagious. If you want me to sleep beside you, then I will."

"Thank you," I said. "There are several pairs of pajamas in the top drawer of my dresser. You can choose from any of those to use for the night."

"Thank you," he said. "But before I do that, let me give you a quick bed bath so that you feel somehow refreshed before going to sleep."

My heart jumped to my throat at his suggestion.