Chapter eleven: Survive.

You See Big Girl/T:T : Hiroyuki Sawano
Theme Of Starfall Islands: SEGA SOUND TEAM
~~~

He couldn't tell if it were thunder or cyan rays crashing down to the battle ridden ground, either setting something else aflame or stealing yet another citizen. He couldn't fathom how many cried out for someone to save them as he fought his way through the ocean of killing machines. He couldn't tell whether the blaring alarm of war still boomed (having possibly been drowned out by battle cries or screams of terror) or if it had slowed to an end in the midst of the fight.

His sword crashed and his arm shook with every hit he'd make against another vigorous chassis of powerful steel. His other arm (despite being badly wounded with burned fur and deep scratches) protected his eyes from the thick dust caused by trampling robot feet and soldiers boots. His once spectacular white and grey striped fur was now drenched and dumped in grimy mud- his brilliant blue uniform torn and stained.

The storm only made the fight more challenging. Whilst swiping at any enemy possible, he also had to weave and swerve to avoid slipping due to the growing number of puddles. The roaring thunder above simply added to the noise of explosions, cackling, stampedes and desperate screams. His ocean blue eyes glanced skyward to capture the blood coloured sky, mixed with heavy, dark grey clouds. He observed the vast, heavily fortified flying vehicles that sent missiles raining down on Mobotropilis below (either those or countless more deadly robots- small or large).

Perhaps the white tiger had taken in the catastrophic weather for too long as a single slip seemed to capture the attention of a terribly dangerous group of machines. His wide eyes watched as red optics slowly turned to face towards him. His heart pounding whilst the enemy began to approach, thus he searched for his sword that had left his grip from his tumble.

Shaky breathing, twisting ears and scattered thoughts clearly wasn't assisting him as the tiger reached around him on the mud. Occasionally, he'd look up to see the well-armoured machines near or the burned flags of the Acorn Kingdom or the many buildings of the city that once stood proud now reduced to nothing but their empty shells. He could hear the ever so determined yells of courageous soldiers run to what was perhaps their deaths. The sound of eruptions, expeditious bullets, clashing swords and terrified mobians. But most of all, the arrogant giddy laugh of Emperor Robotnik.

Sir Tig Stripe knew that as long as he heard that maniacal roar Mobius would never be free. And as long as he was still breathing, he was absolutely set on making sure the world he loved would live to another day. So, as he finally found his sword, he readied his grip and rolled onto his back with a steely expression. As he turned, he sent his weapon swinging through the torso of the nearest robot that reached for him- giving his own ferocious roar.

Sir Tig Stripe refused to die a coward. He refused to leave with his King in danger. He refused to have his last moments in anything but battle. He refused to leave Mobius at war. Even if it would kill him.

—————

It had been six hours. Six long, agonising, disastrous hours. And even if his white gloves weren't drenched in red, it still felt like they were stained with the blood of the lives that had been lost at war. He twisted and fiddled with the grey sleeves of his smoky service uniform whilst watching the charred fields that stretched for miles beyond Mobotropilis.

He stood stiffly atop a hastily built guard post- rusty metal and logs tied together with wire. On the front border, he faced what had once been a thriving forest. But then, it was nothing more than burned bark and gnarled wood. At his sides lay a row of cannons with a stationed pair of soldiers per one- sending off hundreds of round projectiles at his simple command.

"FIRE!"

Six hours ago he had been given word from one of the patrols about a sighting of Robotnik. The mad doctor arriving in his Egg Carrier- the first of it's kind. And there were three more tailing the one he seemed to occupy, with hundreds more Eggpods surrounding the larger flying machines.