Chapter forty seven: In Case You Haven't Noticed, I Hate You.

Jigsaw by Conan Gray.
Anyway by Rebecca Black.
It's All So Incredibly Loud by Glass Animals.
Rivalry by Airbourne.
~~~

The Great Oak had a magnificent workshop set up for him, he couldn't deny that. It was the perfect place to create and build. It was arched and tall and compact with tools and parts. He had multiple ladders equipped with rolling across the floor and whilst standing on one, dragged himself by a long blue sheet of metal. He had a wrench in his mouth, paint can beside his shoe and a red toolbox hanging over his arm.

"Aren't you meant to see Sally today?" He chuckled, slipping past a pair of swinging blue legs.

His blue companion munched on a chilli dog, twisting a paintbrush between his fingers. "Sure, later."

"Remind me why again?" A third voice asked, down below with pink fur dotted in yellow paint.

"She's gotta go into Station Square. Towers wants to see her, apparently I'm needed." The blue hedgehog bounced up and tossed a chilli dog to Amy Rose below.

"So he knows you're back." Tails hummed, flying to the other side of his next build.

Sonic dipped his paintbrush in red paint and stroked it across the end of one of the stretched blue metal rectangles. "That's what Sal' told me a couple days ago."

"She's been pretty cooped up since, huh?" Amy replied. "'Been with Nicole a lot."

"She's busy." The Blue Blur shrugged. "She has a lot on her mind. But I'm gonna take her out soon, get her mind off it all. Without Eggman around it seems like the perfect time to do so."

Amy fiddled with her paintbrush. "What do you think he's up to?"

"Scheming probably."

"He's not the only one." Tails winked. "You said you and Sally are conjuring something up after all!"

Sonic massaged the back of his neck. "Ha-! We've thrown some things around."

"Do you think we'll be ready?" The brothers looked to the worried sounding Amy, noting her tense posture.

"We've got G.U.N with us, we'll be okay." The twin-tailed fox smiled and flew down to her side.

"They've been at it a lot longer. I just...I mean the factory took so much out of us." Amy looked to Sonic who hopped to stand before her. "You guys mentioned Robotropolis right?"

"That's right."

"That's Eggman's biggest base. How can we handle that?"

Sonic raised an eye-ridge, stepping closer to rest a hand on her shoulder. "Something else is on your mind. Otherwise you'd be more optimistic than me right now."

Amy bit her lip. "It...it's me. I'm not ready."

"You will-."

"I won't though! I'm sorry, oh gosh, I'm sorry." She looked between the puzzled brothers.

"Last time I tried to help I completely froze and got Bunnie and Knuckles hurt. I just want to prove myself but I don't even have an actual weapon to fight with."

Oh.

"You have that slingshot of yours." Tails smiled. "It may not be the biggest thing, but a lot of the time people underestimate smaller things. Besides, look at how much you can do with it. Even without it you could stand against one of Knuckles' fully charged punches! We haven't seen anyone else do that. Look at Bunnie! When we trained for the factory she tried opposing him and Knuckles punched her straight through the War Alcove's roof! You're awesome!"