Chapter 7 ~ Hanging

Aurora

I have a grown man at my door with the cutest baby I have ever seen, begging me to help him get Laklyn to sleep.

The baby belongs to the man that I haven't been able to rid my mind of. When I put the pieces together, I thought I was going to faint.

I had already been up, I had been binge watching my show when I heard a knock on the door and opened it when I saw it was Ryder.

He was shirtless, his tattoos were all over the place and I couldn't help but stare at him. I focus on the matter in front of me and nod.

I gesture for Ryder to come in and he does so, taking a seat on my couch. Laklyn, on the other hand, looks as happy as ever, smiling.

"What's the problem?"

"He won't even let me try and put him to sleep. He won't stop." Ryder has his head in his hands while Laklyn sits next to him against the couch cushions. I can tell how much this is draining out of Ryder.

"What can I do to help?" I take a seat on the couch next to them. "I don't know, but Laklyn wont take anything from me." That all Ryder says as he lays down on the couch and curls up to my pillows.

I look at Laklyn and pick him up. He babbles happily and grabs my face. "You're in trouble mister, your giving your dad a hard time." As if Laklyn can see my face is not smiley, he stops smiling and starts to tear up.

I bring him to my chest as he cuddles into it. I can tell he is just as tired as Ryder but he's a fighter and won't give up.

I sit on the reclining couch and lift my feet up laying down. Laklyn is passed out now as I rub his back up and down.

I start to feel my own eyes start to close and before I know it, I'm out.

💌

I wake up with weight still in my arms but I also smell something really good. I can tell Laklyn is catching up on sleep because he doesn't wake when I take him to my room and lay him on my bed with pillows around him.

I walk into the kitchen and see once again, a shirtless Ryder standing in my kitchen, cooking for me. I'm pretty picky with who I let cook for me, but him, I don't mind at all.

His back muscles flex every time he moves to a different thing. I sit at the barstool and put my chin in my hand as I look at him.

He turns and sees me looking at him and smiles saying, "Goodmorning." I greet him back as he places a plate of food in front of me.

I smile and take a bite, moaning at the taste of these eggs. Everyone knows I hate eggs, but they are so creamy and they have so much flavor.

"Thank you." I thank Ryder with my mouth full, he smiles as he sits next to me and eats himself. "Think of it as a thank you for last night. That's the most sleep I have ever gotten." I smile at him as we eat in silence for the next couple minutes.

A cry from my bedroom rings in my ears. I stand up to go get Laklyn but Ryder stops me, getting up himself and grabbing him.

When they come back Laklyn looks more happy as well. When he sees me he smiles and makes grabby hands to me. "Hello baby!" He gets put in my lap as I shower his face with kisses.

"Are you hungry?" I stand up with him and get out the milk, heating it up just a tiny bit and putting it into a bottle that was left by most likely Reece.

Laklyn takes the bottle from me and holds it on his own. I walk over to the couch and make him sit up right. I walk back to Ryder and see him cleaning up.

I try to help him but he doesn't let me and tells me to go sit down with Laklyn. I do what he says and take a seat back at the couch while watching Laklyn eat.

Ryder then comes over and sits down on the other side of him. I haven't seen him eat this much in a week.''

"Probably starved from crying so much." I say. We are now all sitting on the couch in silence waiting for Laklyn to be finished.

Once Laklyn is done, he is smiling and kicking his feet everywhere. I smile at the baby in front of me. He turns to me and makes grabby hands and I hesitate to pick him up but Ryder gives me and tells me that it's okay.

I lift Laklyn onto my chest as he lays there and I pat his back. Ryder just watches and it's silent for a while before his phone rings.

He answers it and says coach so I decide to get up and walk away not really wanting to hear a conversation going on between the guy I haven't been able to get out of my head, and my dad who will be furious that me and him are talking.

My dad has never had an assistant that didn't try to get with me. So he had a woman assistant for a while but mom didn't like that so much only because the girl would beg dad to take her home or invite him to dinner alone.

I stare at the man standing in my living room talking to my dad, then I look back to his baby and smile when I see him smiling at me and grabbing my face.

I might not be able to get to know or see Ryder, but I already feel like I would do anything for his baby.

A/N

SPELLING AND GRAMMAR CORRECTIONS ARE ENCOURAGED!