Chapter 27 ~ Mama

Aurora
I sit on my bed and tuck my hands under my head as I let out a deep sigh.

My mind keeps going back to what happened. Ryder. Laklyn's mom. And how he didn't tell me that they were back together.

I will admit I let out a couple sobs because I generally cared about him and I was hoping that he was different

I also cried that I would never see either one of them again. I love Laklyn like my own and now, I don't know how he's doing.

My door opens as mom comes in and smiles at me. Placing soup on my bed side table.

I sit up and take the water I had as she sits on my bed and puts a comforting hand on my knee.

"I won't force you to tell me what happened, but it must have had something to do with a special someone." She runs her hands in my hair as I smile.

"I'm okay mama, I promise." I kiss my fingers and place them on her forehead. It was our way of keeping our promise.

"Okay amor, but please, let me know if you need anything." I nod my head as she walks out.

I eat my food she left me and once I'm done, I'm wide awake and I don't know what to do.

So I grab my car keys and put on a hoodie. I exit my room and make my way to my car and start driving to the park.

Once I get there, I park my car and I walk to one of the trees and sit in the shade.

I take out my journal and pen as I start to add recipes to my book. I smile as I look at all the different foods I have down.

I sigh and as soon as I'm about to close my book I hear a voice shouting, "Laklyn stop crawling away." My heart drops as I turn to see both Ryder and Laklyn sitting on a bench.

Im not sure if I've been seen. But a part of me wants to stay here and be the brave girl I know I have in me.

I look to my lap and decide that I want to lay down. So I grab my bag and place it next to me as I lay down on the grass on my side.

I close my eyes as I let out a deep breathe. The next thing I know, I'm being jump scared by a tiny body falling on mine.

I open my eyes, trying to contain my smile as I see Laklyn. My small smile drops though when a voice speaks out. "I'm so sorry!" His deep voice making me snap out of a trance.

I look up to meet his eyes, he meets mine and his face softens.

"Aurora." He whispers. I'm frozen in my place as I stare at him. "Hi."

"Hey." He lets out something that sounds like a sigh of relief. "How are you?" My mind screams for me to snap at him but I decide against it.

"I'm fine. You?" I ask trying to be polite. I look to my lap and see Laklyn snuggling into me.

"Terrible to be honest." He lets out a humorous laugh as he hesitantly makes eye contact with me.

"Oh, sorry." I look down. "Don't apologie you did nothing wrong."

"Oh." i look up at him with a confused look. "I didn't? Your girlfriend said the opposite." Did I just snap for the first time?

He lets out a shaky breath. "Aurora I don't know what she told you but it's not true. She came to my house a couple days ago, she wanted to be apart of Laklyns life and I said no. She must have snapped and then went to find you and im sorry for her."

"I don't want to talk about it Ryder. You knew I had a disorder that prevents me from letting people in, and I let you in and I got hurt." I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry darlin." I look up to him and she his face red. "I just- I need time to think." He nods instantly. "Of course, take your time."

I nod back to him as I smile at Laklyn. I think Ryder gets the hint because he goes to grab Laklyn but Laklyn screams and burys his face deeper into my neck.

"Laklyn we have to go." *Ryder says like Laklyn understands. He goes to grab Laklyn a little tighter and Laklyn starts screaming at the top of his lungs as he is torn from my arms.

My heart breaks. I know Ryder is not a bad dad at all, It's my fault Laklyn got attached.

Laklyn screams a lot more causing people to look. Ryder puts him on his shoulder as they begin to walk away.

I make eye contact with Laklyn and wave as he cries harder. He looks at me with red eyes. "Mama!"

I freeze. Ryder freezes. Laklyn continues to cry.

He just called me mama. And my heart- feels like it's going to burst with joy.

Ryder turns on his heel and faces me. His face is hard to read. He looks joyful, and on the verge of tears.

He walks over to me once again and places a crying baby in my lap. Laklyn immediately relaxes and wraps his arms around my neck.

"Did he just-" I don't finish as Ryder nods with a smile. "He did."

I look to Laklyn who is now sleeping. "If your not comfortable with it then just tell me-"

"No. I'm- im perfectly fine with it." I whisper. He nods his head as he places his hands in his pocket.

He hesitantly sits next to me and lays down. I can't tell he is asleep because he snores. Laklyn must have been keeping him up.

I know I'm upset right now but- this is a moment I can't let pass me. Laklyn just called me mom and I'm on the clouds.

I smile down at Laklyn as I lay him on my chest as I lay down with a smile on my face.

A/N
I wrote this on my phone so sorry for any mistakes :))