Chapter 32 ~ Result

Ryder

My hands shake as we enter the room again. Aurora walks to her seat, and I walk to mine. My lawyer gave me a reassuring smile as I let out a deep breath.

I can see Fiona in her little corner smirking at me, at Aurora. We all turn our attention to the judge who has her hands folding. I gulp as I make eye contact with Aurora who wipes under her eyes.

"I have come to a conclusion, but before I do so.." She bends to take a letter out. "I received this letter this morning, it was a letter written in favor of Mr. Collins. I shall read it out loud now."

"To whomever it may concern. I have only known Ryder for a few months. Me and him hit it off when we locked eyes and I knew that he was a gentleman. But when I saw him with his son- Laklyn, my heart bloomed, and it was like all of a sudden my eyes were opened. I had never seen such a wonderful single father do the job of both parents so amazing. Ryder doesn't need help to raise Laklyn, after all, he has done it since the very beginning. I'm writing this letter to whoever finds it in my drawer one day, Ryder Collins is by far, the best father ever and he doesn't need any help. Laklyn clings to his father like life support, he also clings to me which makes my heart explode. Laklyn only needs his father but if he is willing to let me- I wouldn't mind being his mother."

I feel tears stinging at my eyes, knowing who this letter is written from. I look at her, she is looking at her feet and crying.

"This was dated October 12th, only three months of knowing each other... and whoever wrote this letter... knew what kind of a person Ryder Collins is."

I feel my own tears as I wipe them with the sleeve of my shirt. Fiona stands looking unhappy, which makes my lips curl into a small smirk, but it quickly falters when the judge speaks up.

"In conclusion... Ryder Collins will have full custody of Laklyn Collins." The judge slams her mallet on the stand. Fiona's face goes red. "Fiona Reed will be sent to prison for a sentence of ten years for abuse, r*pe, and doing harmful things while pregnant."

Fiona doesn't get a chance to speak as she gets dragged away by the security. I stand still, so does everyone else until my name is called.

"Mr., Collins?"

"Yes, your honor?" I give her a nervous gulp as she looks me in my eyes. "I have a serious question for you and you can say yes or no. Everyone else please step out."

Everyone does so, even Aurora who now has a wide smile on her face as she walks past me and mouths, "I love you." to which I return and blow her a kiss.

I stand in front of the judge as she looks at me. "Now I know I gave you full custody." My heart drops as I think she changed her mind. "I wanted to ask if that girl of yours... is she really a mother figure to Laklyn?

I lift my chin up. "Yes your honor, ever since Laklyn saw her, he's become attached, he calls her mom and she takes care of him just as much as I do." I state.

She nods. "That's what I was hoping you would say. I want the best for Laklyn, if there was any consideration that you want Miss Graham to also have custody, we can talk about that as well."

I swear I feel my heart lift back up. The judge thinks Aurora should also have custody. I don't hesitate. "Yes. Yes I want her to have that... even if we don't work out in the long run, she's the only one who could get him to sleep, to eat, to rest. I want her to have that."

She just nods, waves for security to come over, he nods and walks to the door, sticking his head out and back in but with Aurora. She looks at me in confusion.

She nods to the judge as she stands in front of her. "Miss Graham, I'm aware you wrote this letter, yes?"

"Yes, your honor."

"Me and Mr. Collins has a proposal for you." I see the Aurora tense. "Would you... like to have half custody of Laklyn Collins?"

All I can do is stare at her back as she freezes. She then turns in her place and looks at me, her eyes red. "You want me to have custody?" Her voice comes out as a whisper.

I nod. "Of course I do." We stare at each other for a while before she turns back to the judge. "I would love it, your honor."

I sigh in relief. "Very well, you two have a great day, I'll send those papers soon." She gets up and walks out, leaving me and Aurora alone. I walk up to her as she turns and flings herself onto me.

"You have no idea how much that means Ryder." She cries into me, I do the same. We stand here in each other's arms for a long time before we pull away from each other. She stands on her toes and presses a kiss to my lips.

I kiss her back. She pulls away and smiles at me. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you more darlin." I wrap my arm around her waist as I walk us out of the courthouse.

"We get in the car as our smiles never falter. I grab her hand and kiss it, holding her hand in mine as I start to drive. "Let's go get our baby, yeah?" I whisper out to which she nods and lets out a chuckle.

"Let's go get him and bring him home." She kisses my hand now. Could I ask for anything better?