Chapter 24 ~ Past

Ryder

Ever since me and Aurora had our date two weeks ago, I've felt this warmth in my chest. As if she was the one that I was waiting for, to come and help me.

As I watch her and my son take a nap on the couch, my smile never leaves. I take one of my throw blankets and toss it over them. I lean in and kiss both their foreheads before getting up to start dinner.

Aurora had been hanging out here for the past two weeks when we were both off because her brother lives with her and we don't want to risk anything yet. Even though I think we should tell her father, I'm waiting for her to make the choice.

I stand in the kitchen and stir some pasta in boiled water while also mixing Lakelands formula then the doorbell rings. I look over to make sure Aurora and Laklyn haven't moved and my heart starts beating again when they are out cold.

I turn off the water on the stove and make my way over to the door. I opened it, I don't know who I thought it was, maybe my sister? Or even Aurora's family. But no. My heart that was just beating out of my chest because of the warmth I feel in my home, is now dropped to my stomach.

"Fiona." I breathe out. She gives me a smirk. "Ryder." My head is racing with so many emotions, anger, burning anger mainly. I drop my surprised act and glare at her.

"What are you doing here? And how did you get my address?" I spit out and she just chuckles, I have to look back to make sure Laklyn and Aurora are still sleeping.

"It doesn't matter, but what does matter is the reason I'm here." She takes a step closer to me and my instinct is to shut the door, but I don't.

"I want to be a part of my baby's life now. I know I was unstable at first, but I'm ready." I scoff at her. "No." I say and cross my arms. Her sweet face drops and she is now glaring at me too. "He's not just your Ryder, I birthed him."

I scoff again. "Yeah and after you gave birth you fled." She looks at me with harsh eyes, I look at hers with even harsher ones. "I did what I had to do."

"Had to do it?!" I whisper yell, "you threw yourself on me, got yourself pregnant, and then left me with the baby!" I throw my hands in the air as I speak. This woman is bringing out the worst in me, the side I never thought I would let anyone see before.

"Oh please, I knew you liked me from the very beginning." She says. It's true. I did like her and there was a part of me who only breathed for her... until she ruined me. "Not anymore, and definitely not after what happened, goodbye Fiona." I shut the door. She doesn't pound on it, I hear her walk away instead.

I think har for a second. How was I so brave to not break down in front of that woman? I look over to the couch and find my reason. Aurora. Rory. This is the moment I realize she is my everything.

I walk over to the couch, forgetting about the pasta that is now cold, I'll just order us food. I go and sit at her feet, I take my hand and I rub up and down her ankle as I lay down and place my head on her legs.

I don't think I've ever felt so confident in my life. Ever since I caught Aurora eye in that rink, my heart started beating quicker, and my mind has changed.

She makes me want to be a better person, for her and Laklyn. I want us to be a family, and I don't care if it's too soon, I want it. I want it all with her. And I'm willing to go through hell and back just so I can be there, here with her.

I look up and smile as I see her eyes now opened, tired eyes, but still open. She smiles at me as she pats the spot next to her on the wide couch. I move from my spot and head next to her, placing an arm around Lakelands back to secure them both.

I place my head in her neck as my mouth opens to breathe, I feel her giggle as my breath tickles her neck.

"Hey." Her small voice comes out." She takes one of her hands and places it on my head as it wraps around my neck. I smile into her and sigh in content. Fiona a forgotten thought.

"Hi darlin." It takes everything in me not to kiss her neck, it's tempting, but I resist because I don't want to risk messing up. "How long have I been out?" She asks and I shrug. "Maybe an hour and a half." She nods.

"When did you wake up?" I find myself asking, praying she woke up when Fiona left. "As soon as you came to the couch." She whispers and I nod, lifting my head to look at Laklyn on her chest and smile.

"Has he said any other words lately?" Aurora speaks up. I love how she is curious about Laklyn's life just like mine. I shake my head knowing we are both looking at Laklyn. "He tries, he only says dada and makes a mm sound."

She sighs. "Laklyn is an angel, I hope nothing ever happens to him." I nod my head because I have felt this way since he was placed in my arms. "I want to give him the best life possible, raise him to be respectful."

"You're doing the best job at raising him Ryder. I have never ever seen a better dad, I mean obviously, I have the best dad in the world, and my brother and my friend Maddox are all the best dads but you- you have to be the best because you did it alone since he was born. And that's one of the reasons I admire you." She shifts so she can see me. It takes everything in me to not kiss her, I look down at her lips before I have to stare into her eyes which makes it even harder. Her hazel eyes bore into mine.

"Aurora," I start, feeling tears pricking my eyes at her words. "You have no idea how much your words mean to me because for the longest time I felt like I had failed Laklyn. And hearing that I'm doing a good job makes me want to be better." She takes her hand from my hair and wipes under my eyes. I smile as she leans forward and kisses my forehead and the butterflies come back.

I lean into her and close my eyes. This is where I want to be forever. The rest of my life. With Laklyn, Aurora, and any future children that come. But all I know. Is that I don't want to be anywhere but here in her arms, a warmth in my chest.

I think I'm falling for her. No. I don't think so. I know. 

A/N 

Hey guys! I know updates have been here and there but I have been having major writers block and I was at a cross. BUT I'm happy to say that I'm better now and I literally may have had an idea for a new series after I write Greyson's story. I'm so excited for that series and I have everything for it. I cant wait to share it with you!!

I will be going on of state for a week so that week there will be no updates but I will be keeping yall updated in the conversations. 

JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!! STAY SAFE!! :))