Chapter 22 ~ Feelings

Aurora

I wake up with a sense of comfort. Last night when I had invited Ryder to come over, I didn't expect to cuddle the big man. I feel my eyes opening and can see that both are still passed out.

I run my eyes over Ryder's stubble for a quick minute but turn my attention to Laklyn whose mouth is producing slobber. I giggle and wipe his mouth with my index finger and use my shirt to wipe it off.

Call me gross. I don't care.

I don't want to get up. But also I cant get up. My leg is still over Ryder's legs and his grip on my thigh has not faltered. And there is a baby between us which makes it even harder to get up.

I'm just going to stay here. Even if my bladder starts screaming. I feel comfortable enough now to say that Ryder has officially made it to my trust list.

It was a long way coming but I feel like he's better, way better than what I'm trying to think about. Because every single time, I have compared a man to Miles and that got me nowhere. So here I am with the man that has stolen my heart, and his baby that I adore.

It feels right to be right here with them. Like I found my home.

I can feel Ryder stirring in his sleep because his grip on my thigh tightens which makes my stomach erupt in butterflies.

I look up to get a quick glance at his face but can see he is already looking down at me. "Hey." I whisper out. "Hi." He replies back in his raspy voice and gives me a one sided smile. Which isn't helping my tummy feeling.

"How long have you been up?" He asks as he clears his throat. But his hand never settled away from my naked thigh. "Only a couple minutes." He nods his head and looks down to Laklyn and brushes his face with his thumb.

I might actually melt.

Laklyn moves in his sleep and starts to become cranky. He sits up after a while and turns his head to us. I give the baby a smile and he has the audacity to shut his eyes and fall onto my chest dramatically.

I let out a scoff and Ryder snorted. I look at him and slap his arm. "He's just as dramatic as you are." I roll my eyes.

"Not true!" Ryder puts a hand over his heart and gasps. I smile at this and ignore him, patting Laklyn's back and trying to get him to wake up. Ryder lets go of my now cold thigh even though his hand was on it all night, and kisses both our foreheads before walking to my bathroom.

What the heck?

I look back to the direction he went and shake my head, standing up with Laklyn I make my way over to the kitchen and get a cup of coffee.

Laklyn is up now but resting his head on my shoulder while sucking on his thumb. "Are you hungry baby?" I ask him and I get no response.

I smile and head to the fridge and grab a formula bottle Ryder brought over. I prop Laklyn on the couch as he holds his bottle. I go back to the kitchen and grab my coffee and sit on the counter watching Laklyn.

Ryder comes out of my bathroom and moves over to me. He leans on the counter right next to me and crosses his arms. When I take the coffee cup away from my mouth, he steals it from me and takes a sip, where my lips were.

I take my cup back and give him a glare. He only smiles at me and stands up straight before getting his own cup of coffee and coming back to his place. We drink our coffees in silence and watch Laklyn finish his bottle.

I clean up the dishes while Ryder changes Laklyn. Ryder comes up from behind me as I'm washing the dishes and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Hi." He breathes out.

My heart is feeling everything all at once, so many emotions but also questions in my head. I want his warm hand to stay there forever. I want to be with him. And I think I'm ready now.

"Hi." I breathe out and it comes out as shaky. He grabs me and spins me around, turning off the sink water and now our bodies are pressing up against each other and I can feel his hot breath on me.

"Go out with me." He breathes and I don't know why I'm taken back. But I am. And I'm not sure if I love this feeling or not. His voice tells me he is serious and wants to take me out. I look into his eyes and see something that has never been in his eyes unless he is looking at Laklyn. A sparkle.

We stare at each other for a while, not knowing what to say. I nod my head, a little too fast. He grins and leans in and presses a gentle kiss on my forehead, letting his lips stay there for a while but then resting his forehead against mine.

This is nice. I like this feeling. The feeling of home. The feeling of... love?

"Thank you, I promise I will be good to you." These words seem to have a deeper meaning than they come out. He whispers these words and I'm like a puddle, my heart is drooling when he licks his lips and pulls away.

He goes to grab Laklyn from the couch and gives me one more smile before saying his goodbyes. I touch my forehead and still feel the heat that he left.

Now I have to get ready for the day, with Ryder on my mind all the time. In what world have I allowed a man to come into my house, sleep on my couch, cuddle me, then ask me out? No one. I don't do that but this? It feels so different.

I'm really liking this difference.