0.01 | 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘰 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘹𝘦𝘴

8==<\/>==8
|                    |

3 years later...

"Another successful mission Commander. What do you say, drinks on you tonight?" Sabe asks her partner of the past three or so years as they walk side by side down the tarmac towards the command center.

"They should be on you with how many times I saved your ass this time." The curly headed pilot quips back.

"Oh, c'mon Dameron, you know you love my ass." She replies back.

The pilot pauses, a small smirk crossing his features, as he glances down to the backside of his partner. He looks away to look in front of him, biting his lips to hold back a smile as he squints at whatever he's watching. With a shrug, he replies to her previous comment. "Could be better." He says back, his voice unwavering with a faux tone of seriousness.

"Watch it Dameron, You know what I meant."

Before her partner could reply, a voice from behind them called out their names.

"Commander Cardell, Commander Dameron, wait up!" The girl who is chasing them yells. With a turn of their heads they see it's Lieutenant Ailyn Vondar, a good friend of the female commander.

"Hey, Lieutenant, what's up?" Sabe asks as she turns to face her friend.

"General Organa sent me to get you for your debriefings." The short, blonde-haired, blue-eyed Lieutenant says.

"Alright, tell her we're on our way." Poe says as he steps away from two friends, picking up his pace to get his General faster.

"Oh hey, Poe." Ailyn calls out, stopping the Commander in his tracks as he glances at them over his shoulder, not completely turning back to them.

"Yeah?" He quips.

"General Organa wants to meet with you privately after your guys' meeting." The Lieutenant informs.

"Will do, thanks." Poe replies as he turns back around, leaving the two girls alone.

"So..." The Lieutenant begins, drawing out the word. "How'd the mission go?"

"Pretty great if you ask me." The dark headed pilot informs her best friend as they both turn to walk together towards the command center.

The two girls have known each other for years now. Coming into the Resistance together, they'd been best friends for years. They both grew up together for the most part, both from the small planet Adoth. The two had been neighbors, and had both come to join the rebellion after knowing first hand about the destruction the First Order had caused.

Sabe had always enjoyed piloting, and her skills were almost better than her partners. Ailyn however always had a knack to be a leader, and quickly climbed the ranks to Lieutenant, working underneath General Organa herself.

"That's good. Did anything bad happen?" Ailyn asks her.

"Um, not really." Sabe pauses, thinking over the events of the past day. "Poe had to save me from getting eaten by a shipment of Rathars that had gotten loose." She states as if it were only a minor detail to the Lieutenant.

"Rathars? Aren't those the round things that roll around and suck on things?" Ailyn asks as they continue walking to the command center

"Nothing I couldn't have handled though. I would have been fine, honestly. I think Poe only saved me because of his whole 'hero complex' he has going on." Sabe states just as they arrive at the command center.

"You were being dragged through the halls by your foot by the rather..." Another voice pops up from behind them. "My 'hero complex' saved your ass. You're welcome." Poe says, pushing his way between the two girls.