0.02 | 𝘋𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘬 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘜𝘱𝘴𝘦𝘵

8==<\/>==8
| |

The three had been at the Resistance base's provided bar for about an hour now. Sabe still hasn't questioned Poe about what's bothering him, rather has been drinking her weight in spotchka, using her opportunity of free drinks to its limits.

But as she and Ailyn danced together among the other rowdy Resistance officers, she noticed Poe was still sitting at the bar, sipping on something stong, though what it is, she's not sure.

Sabe also noted how he seems to be sulking, or maybe just deep in thought. She's not sure. She blames the spotchka for making it unclear.

Whatever song that she and Ailyn were dancing to ended, Sabe informed her friend that she was going to check on Poe and get more drinks, leaving her friend on the dance floor. Though Ailyn didn't mind and kept dancing to the next song.

Sabe makes her way through the crowd and up to Poe, sneaking up behind him and grabbing his shoulders, causing her partner to jump.

"Ha. Scared ya." She slightly slurs as she beams, proud of her accomplishment.

"Yeah. You got me." Poe uninterestingly replied, causing Sabe's brows to furrow in confusion and concern.

The stool to his right is empty, so she climbs up next to him, swiveling the uncomfortable stool towards him.

Once comfortable, she decides to question him about whatever seems to be bothering him. "What's wrong Poe?"

He doesn't reply immediately, instead sighing as he looks down into his cup and swirls its contents around. "Nothing's wrong Sabe. I'm fine." He replies, not sparing her a glance.

Sabe immediately knows better than to believe that, having spent so much time with him to know when he is lying.

"Bullshit, Dameron." She claims. "We both know that I know that's bullshit."

"It's not. Like I said, I'm fine, really." He says to her, turning slightly to meet her studious gaze.

"Poe. You and I have been partners for three something years. I think I'd know by now when you're lying." She points out, causing him to turn back to his drink with a roll of his eyes.

The two fall silent, the only sound between them is the clink of the ice against Poe's cup as he takes a big swallow of the dark colored liquor inside.

Sabe let's out a sigh, turning her stool away from him and to its natural position as she thinks about what to say next.

"Is this about your meeting with General Organa?" She quietly asks.

He stays silent for a moment longer, his eyes lingering on his cup as he sighs once more.

He finally speaks up, still eyeing his cup. "Yeah, it is." He answers before downing the rest of his drink and motioning for the bartender to refill it.

He says it quietly enough she barely heard ot over the loud music, nonetheless, she heard it.

She's not sure if she should press futher, yet she does anyway, not caring if Poe gets upset with her about it or not.

"What did she talk to you about?" She questions.

"I honestly can't tell you, Sabe." He replies.

Her mind immediately starts throwing up red flags, hearing how serious he sounds about it. But she ignores them, and even though she knows she shouldn't, she questions him further on the matter.

"What do you mean you can't tell me?" She accusingly asks.

He lets another sigh, turninf his head to her. "I mean, I can't tell you. It's confidential."

"But we're partners, Poe. You have to tell me."

He faces back to his newly refilled glass, staring at it with a look Sabe can't determine.

"Not for this mission." He mumbles underneath his breath, not meaning for Sabe to hear it.

But she does anyway.

Immediately she turns her stool to face his direction as she takes in what he just told her.

"I'm sorry, what?" She exclaims, causing a few surrounding officers to look at the two. "Not for this mission? What's that even supposed to mean?"

He swivels his seat to face her, the both now facing fully to each other. Poe leans foward to her, getting close to talk more privately. "Listen..." He begins, voice low. "This mission. It's only me going." He explains lowly.

"We're litterally partners, Poe. You can't go without me. What's the mission anyway?" She harshly asks.

"I can't tell you that, Sabe." He replies, a sorrowful look in his eyes.

She leans slightly closer to him, making sure to give him a stern look so he knows she means business. "I think I have a right to know, partner."

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll tell you. Just-" He pauses, glancing around the room. ..."not here, okay?" He pleades.

Sabe stays silent for a moment, her stern glare unwavering.

"Fine." She replies, turning completely aroumd in her stool and standing up. "Let's go." She says as she walks away, beckoning him to follow.

"Force help me." Poe mumbles to himself as a gulps down the rest of his drink, slamming the cup back down on the counter and grabbing a tip to set down next to the empty glass before he turns and follows his partner.

" Poe mumbles to himself as a gulps down the rest of his drink, slamming the cup back down on the counter and grabbing a tip to set down next to the empty glass before he turns and follows his partner

We're to the part where the movie timeliness starts! I tried my best to write what happens before Poe leaves, since it's not really in the movie, so I hope it's not too bad. Anyways, hope you enjoyed.