Ever Academy

You rubbed your hands together, still feeling the chillness in the air after the rain the day before. Clouds still hung overhead. You could hear the beeping of cars from the streets outside of school grounds, but you figured it was to be expected.

Ever since the war ended two years ago, everyone was scrambling back to work. It was rough for many, but you knew that the people would prevail. At least you hope so. You knew the economy would be rocky following the second World War. Not only that, but the countries themselves had a long way to go before they could fully recover.

Your uniform was grey from head to toe. Your hair was combed to the side though you didn't care to style it if you could help it. A bad habit that you had gotten comfortable with when you were still back home.

Ever Academy was the place you would be calling home for the next school year. You didn't like the idea of moving to the UK for school, but your father had assured you that it would be worth it.

A school for the children of the Elite. This year they allowed students to enter thanks to a lottery system as well, so the richer children now walked among the common man. You actually liked it this way.

The facilities themselves were pretty standard. The buildings themselves were an ugly grey color and resembled large tombstones rather than an actual school. Windows were few and far in between. Natural lighting wasn't what it was known for.

You stopped your walk and looked at the buildings themselves. It was odd how dull things seemed to be here. But it wasn't the education that made everything bearable.

Cerise: Good morning.

You found yourself smiling as you turned to Cerise, a girl you had since befriended when you transfered over. She was a Romani who came from Transylvania. She was one of the few who managed to be accepted due to the lottery system.

Y/N: Hello, Cerise. How is your morning going so far?

Cerise: Well enough. And yours?

Y/N: Any day above the ground is a good one, yeah?

She nodded in agreement. She wore her red cap over her dark locks that were intertwined with white. She wore the female uniform which was the same top, but with a grey plaid skirt that reached her knees. She also wore black stockings underneath to try and fight off the cold weather.

Though she was much shorter than you, she still proved herself to be quite the force to be reckoned with. You saw this first hand when one of the male students tried to accuse her of stealing his wallet.

She not only proved that she was innocent, but she managed to land herself in detention for throwing him into a rubbish bin.

Y/N: Care to join me for breakfast?

Cerise: I would love to, but Cedar needs my help with finishing her assignment. I just saw you and figured I'd say hello.

Cedar was Cerise's roommate and friend. The two were rarely seen apart, which was actually quite nice to see. Though you wish it was for a better reason.

Cedar, being the only African student in all of Ever Academy, was often picked on by the more harsh and unrelenting students. Though her family were known for their craftsmanship, no one ever showed her kindness save for a handful of students.

She was actually quite the lovely girl. Very kind with the passion for the arts. You enjoyed looking at the pieces she painted, but you couldn't help but wonder if she felt like a puppet to those who ordered her around as if she was their errand girl.

Y/N: Very well. I will see you around school, then.

Cerise: Of course. Have a lovely day, Y/N.

You nodded and Cerise left. Once she was gone, you rubbed your chin. Though it may seem like this school was full of unpleasant people, you knew that they were few. The majority of students were actually very kind. Many cared.