Card Tricks

Breakfast time at Ever After High. An important time where students fuel up to get ready to face the day.

As usual, Blondie Locks is enjoying a bowl of porridge that is just right. Humphrey Dumpty was eating an omelet....wait. Was that weird?

Wait, it was vegan soy. Not weird.

Well, it was still weird, but better than cannibalism.

From the top part of the Castleteria, Apple White stepped out to make an announcement to the students who were eating. She clear her throat to try and get some attention.

Apple: Excuse me?!

Due to the noise, no one really heard her. They just kept chatting. So, Apple tried again.

She inhaled, and whistled loudly.

Tiny the giant ended up dropping his pancakes on the billy goats, Dexter flung his cereal into his brother's hair, and Cedar fell face first into the lunch trays, knocking them all over.

Apple: Excuse me.

Everyone looked up at the blonde.

Apple: As editor if the Griffin, our beloved school paper, I am pleased to announce, I'm doing a special feature! And the theme is, A Time of Wonder!

Most were amused by the idea, few didn't even look up from their food due to needing the substance to get through the day.

Apple: It will feature stories about Wonderland and all the students from Wonderland who are here now.

Alistar, Maddie, and Bunny all smiled at the idea, then Faybelle Thorn showed up with her pompoms.

Faybelle: I think Apple's idea is awesome!

Apple: Thanks, Faybelle, wait, you-you do?

Faybelle flew up to Apple.

Faybelle: Sure. 'Cuz it'll give you a chance to rehash how these blunderland brats got stuck here in the first place. Thanks to Raven's mom, the Evil Queen!

She showed the entire room her Mirrorpad which had an image of The Evil Queen herself, which made everyone fall into a panic. Daring even got another face full of food thanks to Dexter.

Cedar shivered, though she could not feel coldness.

Cedar: I cannot tell a lie. That lady scares the shavings off of me!

Raven, who was sitting with Cedar, look back at Feybelle in annoyance.

Raven: Hey, that's not fair! It's not my mom's fault that Wonderland is sealed off from Ever After. I mean, okay, maybe she poisoned Wonderland's magic, and sure, because of her Wonderland is even topsy turvier than ever, and yeah, thanks to her the Queen of Hearts is a total wacko screwball...

Everyone gasped. Raven stopped her rant and looked over to Lizzie Hearts.

Raven: Oops.

Lizzie simply sighed as she stared into her locket where she kept a picture of her mother for safe keeping. She had two people in Wonderland she couldn't see now. Her mother, and you.

Faybelle: Hello? Raven just, like, totally insulted your mom?

Raven: Sorry, Lizzie. I was just trying to point out if you're gonna look for someone to blame, blame Headmaster Grimm! He's always like, "you must follow your own stories" and "let's trap the Evil Queen in a mirror, forever". Ha, am I right?

She looked to her friends, spotting them all with looks of knowing. Sparrow even motioned for her to stop. Raven sighed.

Raven: He's standing right behind me, isn't he?