•XVI•

It was almost one in the morning, now for anyone else there would have been no way you'd be calling them this late but after spending a week sleeping in the same room as him you knew well enough that he'd be wide awake right now.

You knew you wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully without an answer. Especially since you left the message of him asking you on a date on read.

JK POV

I was lying in bed on my phone when the sudden ringing made me jump slightly, I squinted my eyes as the screen started flashing and read the name calling me.

(Y/N)?

"Hello?" She spoke first, I felt something twist in my stomach as I heard her voice. 

"Everything okay? It's late," I said, checking the time.

"Were you asleep?" She paused before continuing faster, clearly nervous, "I thought you would be awake- It's okay we can talk tomorrow! Bye-"

"Turn your camera on, babe."

There was silence for a moment, "What?"

"Your camera. Turn it on." 

She didn't say anything else before turning it on, I smiled at seeing her face and ran a hand through my hair.

I was lying on my back on the bed, only in my boxers but all she could see from the camera was just below my shoulders.

"You're shirtless?" Her cheeks went so brightly pink almost instantly.

I just laughed in return, "You've seen me like this before, darling. Now why'd you call?"

"Right..." She cleared her throat before sitting up on her bed too, "The message?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Message? What message?"

"What? The one from last night? You can't have forgotten already," She said in disbelief.

I stared blankly as I tried to figure out what she was on about, "Message...?"

"Jungkook! You asked me out on a date!" She almost sounded like she was shouting.

My eyes went wide, "A date?! When? Let me check."

I went through my messages and saw a very misspelt proposal of asking (Y/N) out on a date, along with many confusing emojis.

"That wasn't me," I finally said, "Hyung had my phone last night. He was really drunk."

She went pink again, "Oh... Okay... That makes more sense."

I raised an eyebrow and smirked, watching her reaction, "Why? Did you want me to ask you out?"

She gasped out loud and shook her head quickly, instantly spewing out phrases and phrases of pure denial.

"How about we go to Haeun's party together?"

"Together? With you? God no." She rolled her eyes and lied back on the bed.

"Who else are you going to stay with the whole night? Haeun'll be busy with her boyfriend and with everyone else as the birthday girl."

She hummed as she thought, eventually coming to the same answer, "I'll survive alone."

"I'll buy you food for the whole day if you come with me."

"Deal!" She grinned widely, "For free food I'll do anything."

"For free food would you ride this di-"

And then the call ended.

I burst out laughing after, being able to imagine her embarrassed yet annoyed reaction to what I said.

Something about her wasn't the same as when we met.

That's when my phone flashed again, this time for a message instead of a call.

(Y/N)
If we're going to the party together can you help me find a dress for it tomorrow?