•IX•

A few days went past, Jungkook and you had avoided each other successfully for the most part. The only interactions you two had now was at night when you guys were deciding who was sleeping in the bed that night.

"It's my turn! You slept in it last night!" You whine.

"Look, it's my last night staying here anyway. I need to get some proper sleep. I'm going in the bed." Jungkook says, dropping his weight onto the chair behind him. "My hyungs and I are leaving at six in the morning."

"You're leaving?!" You accidentally shout.

"Don't miss me too much." Jungkook smirks.

You shake your head and scoff at the older, "I'm happy that you'll be gone. Good riddance, Jeon Jungkook."

"Can I sleep in the bed tonight or not?" Jungkook rolls his eyes, ignoring your rude statement. "You're going to have it all to yourself after this anyway."

You glance at the bed, "It's big enough for two people..." You murmur quietly.

Jungkook pauses and raises an eyebrow, chuckling. "You finally want some after I tell you that I'm leaving soon."

"Want some?" You say confusedly, it's only after you realise Jungkook's intentions that you blush, "No, that's not what I meant! I don't want anything from you! Just forget everything, okay? You sleep on the bed, I'll just hang at Haeun's tonight."

"(Y/N), I was kidding." Jungkook laughs, "Stay, I won't do anything."

"You better not," You huff. "Plus, it's one of the rules so I get to punish you if you do."

"You'll probably kill me, won't you?"

"You know me well for only spending a few days with me." You giggle.

Jungkook walks around the bed, onto the other side and swiftly sits on it with his back resting on the headboard and his legs crossed under the covers. "You coming or not?"

Eventually you slide into the bed too, the same position as him. "Jungkook?"

"Yes?" He answers as he turns his body to face you.

"Are you seriously leaving tomorrow?"

He nods at you and smiles, "I'm going to back to Busan with Jiminie hyung, everyone else is going back to where they came from."

"Wait, you're from Busan too?" You question.

"Yeah." He answers and grins. "Maybe we'll see each other again."

"That would be proof god hates me," You make yourself more comfortable in the bed, lying down on your side, "Or that I'm in a living hell."

Jungkook mirrors the way you were on the bed, looking into your eyes. "You won't say that when I'm gone, you'll be begging the same god you prayed to get away from me with to make us meet again."

"I doubt that," You scoff.

"Want to make it a bet?"

"Yup." You reply confidently, "It's a bet."

-

The two days following Jungkook leaving you were early to work and you were able to have a good breakfast, lunch and dinner. Life seemed a lot better, his missing presence felt like a vast improvement in your life.

"Finally!" You scream as you and Haeun make your way to town. "Work is over and we're going back to Busan!"

"Yay!" Haeun and some of your other colleagues shout back in unison.

There were many people staring, mainly grown ups giving you and your group of friends dirty looks but you couldn't care less.

You guys made your way through town and to the train station, it was dark outside but the street lights were on which reassured you with your fear, along with your best friend holding your hand. Her, your family and - unfortunately - Jungkook were the only people who knew about your fear of the dark, it wasn't the dark that frightened you, it was what could be lurking in the dark that wanted to make you run and scream.

Your friends slowly dispersed as they went into different trains, you and Haeun got into the train and it was pretty empty so you two fell asleep while the train took you back home safely.

-

"(Y/N)," Haeun shakes you by your shoulders, your head swung back and forth and your eyes fluttered until you finally understood what was happening, "Get up, you lazy girl!"

You stumble as you try to stand up after waking up, Haeun catches you and rolls her eyes, "We need to get off this train before it takes us back to Seoul."

You smile gratefully as Haeun helps you out the train, you sit on a bench and ask her the time, "About two."

"Two in the afternoon? Why is so dark then?" You mumble.

"Two in the morning!" She flicks her fingers at your head, that woke you up enough to get your brain working smoothly again.

"Let's go home." You hum as you tighten your grip on your suitcase.

"I'm going to Junghyun's house. He said he would pick me up, you can stay over there too if you want." She says.

"Your boyfriend?! I'll pass, I don't want to see him again." You scoff.

"Girl, it's two in the morning and you're afraid of the dark, I'm not leaving you here alone." She takes hold of your wrist and drags you out of the station, as expected her boyfriend was in his fancy car and waiting for her.

As you two got closer Junghyun found it easier to recognise who you were and he immediately frowned, "Why is (Y/N) here?"

Haeun gets into the passenger's seat at the front of the car while you get into the back, Junghyun was loading both of your suitcases into the trunk of the car. "I thought you liked (Y/N)." Haeun states.

"She's okay but she's always so mean to me." He whines like a child, "She's probably on Santa's naughty list."

"Santa isn't real you idiot." You shout, having enough of his nonsense already, "Are you even mentally old enough to drive? Or even know how to spell drive?!"

"(Y/N)!" Haeun squeals. "Stop being rude to my boyfriend, at least he's kind enough to let you stay at his house tonight."

"Wait! She's staying over?!" Junghyun runs a hand over his face, staring at me through the rear-view mirror after getting in the vehicle.

I smirk at his disturbed expression, "That's right. I'm staying at yours tonight."

A/N -This chapter was meh... I feel like I could of done better. :/ Sorry, bare with me and my weird writing I call a fan fiction.