{Ch. 5} Forget Me So

You woke up to a throbbing headache.

"Ugh... My head," you groaned. You flipped the sheets off your legs, swinging them over the bed and came to a stand. Your feet shuffled across the floor, hands rubbing at your temples in order to soothe the lingering pain.

Daisy had seen someone across the hallway, thinking it was an intruder. That being you in this case.

"Aaaaahhhhh!" She screamed, charging towards you.

You slowly turned your heel with tired eyes, they then widened seeing Daisy charge at you like a rhino. You shook your head and put your hands out in defense to stop her.

"No, no, no, no, no! Daisy, it's m----- Oof!"  You were tackled to the floor, back first against the ground. "Ugh... why...." Recognizing your voice, Daisy gasped in surprise.

"Oh my gosh! Amara, I am so sorry! I didn't know it was you, I thought you were an intruder!" Daisy apologized getting off of you. You rubbed the back of your head with a groan, her extending a hand to help you which you gladly took. She pulled you up to your feet.

"Who else lives here besides you?" You yawned, wincing at the present pain in your back.

"Sorry, it's just... You didn't come home last night, so I suspected you went with that guy and left," Daisy explained. "Did he drop you off or something?"

You scratched the back of your head in thought for a moment.

"Actually, I'm not sure to be honest with you." You answered with a shrug. Daisy laughed at your forgetfulness, you tilting your head in confusion at her reaction. "What's so funny?"

"Ah, Amara. You must've really gone all out with the drinks girl!" She sighs, wiping a tear from the corner of her eye. You cocked a brow at her, feeling slight annoyance. "Anyways, what matters is that you're here. You should go freshen up and relax, it's the weekend after all."

Daisy turned you around by your shoulders, nudging you towards the bathroom.

"Okay..."

"Also, after you're done, can you, like, go grocery shopping? The fridge is nearly empty and we need to restock." Daisy mentioned with a smile.

"Um, sure, I guess." You shrugged.

"Nice! Thanks, bestie!" Daisy waved, turning her heel back down the hallway.

"You're welcome..." You trailed off. You shut the door and turned around to be in the on presence of your reflecting in the mirror.

Your hair was a bit wild, red dress a bit dirtied for some reason, and... How the hell did those bites get on your neck?

Eh, doesn't matter, all you want is to get a nice hot shower right now and that's all that matters.

------------------------------------------------------ 💛

You pushed the shopping cart causally into the cereal aisle, holding the a pen and a checklist in one hand. You wore blue pants and a long black sleeved shirt with white sneakers.

"Honey bunches of oats.... Cinnamon Toast Crunch..." 

You first reached for the Honey bunches of oats and put it in the cart. You then paused when looking to see the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal at least five shelves higher than you were, a frown placed itself upon your lips.

"Seriously?! Why the hell is it so high up?! Shouldn't the popular brands be farther down for better access?! My short ass can't reach that! " You yelled in frustration. You flinched thinking someone had seen you in the aisle having a fit.