{Ch.12} Piecing Things Together

!Ding!

You awoke with a soft groan, turning your head from your pillow to your left. You grab your phone off the nightstand and turn it on, checking your notifications. You see Brandon had texted you and you sit up to get a better look at the text message. You saw the time. 

It was literally ten minutes until midnight, why was he texting you this late?

Brandon - Still awake?

You - Now I am.

Brandon - Woops. Sorry.

You - No, you're fine. What's up?

Brandon - Nothing much. I just got home from the club.

You - Ah, so that's why you texted me so late.

Brandon - Yep. XD

You - Dude... Why are you getting drunk on a weekday? Do that on the weekend. XD

Brandon - Couldn't wait. Although I think I drank too much. Lol.

You - Then take your behind to sleep like a normal person at this hour and get some rest you weirdo. (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈⁠)

Brandon - Yeah, yeah. Goodnight, Amara. (⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠)

You - Night, Brandon. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------💛

You came out of your room with a yawn, rubbing the sleep from your eyes. The television was heard down the hall right around the corner. You walked down and turned opposite of the living room into the kitchen. 

A voice spoke from the couch, one that didn't sound anything like Daises. "Morning." Must've been another one of her 'boyfriends.'

"Um...Morning." You said, opening the fridge door. You grabbed a cold bottle of water and closed it then walked over to the table, screwing the cap off and taking a sip. "Daisy's still asleep?" 

"Yeah. I mean, it's only five in the morning anyways." He said, looking over the couch. You could feel his eyes on your figure, a shiver going down your spine. You set your bottle down and turn your head to the guy, a brow raised.

"Instead of wasting eletricity you don't pay for, how about you leave? I think you've stayed long enough." You forewarned, firmly crossing your arms over your chest. 

"Really? And what makes you think you can make me leave?" He laughed, getting up from the couch.

You simply walked up to the guy and grabbed him by the ear, dragging him along the way to the door. Yeah, you really weren't up for it this morning. 

"I'm not with this shit this morning. You're getting out one way or another." You deadpanned.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!"

You opened the door and grabbed his boots tossing them out and did the exact same thing to him. "Goodbye now." You shut the door just before he could respond and locked it. You brushed your hands off and walked over to the coffee table, grabbing the remote.

You switched off the TV and sighed, a tired hand to your forehead.

Jeez Daisy, if you're gonna sleep with someone, at least do it with someone who has their own place and pays their own bills. You thought, exhausted mind veering off to the worse of situations.

You walked back down the hall and turned to your room, shutting the door behind with a soft click.

I know I can't be the one to talk, but even my self-esteem isn't that low.