Introduction

"Do I really have to, mom?" whined Lila.

"Well I'm not going to force it if you really don't want to," replied Lila's mom, "but it'll make this trip a lot less stressful for the both of us."

Lila frowned and fiddled with the hem of her dress as she pondered what her decision should be.

Every summer, Lila would go on a trip with her family. And every year, before they left, Lila would be put in some... protection. This year, however, the girl was putting up a bit of a resistance.

Lila had always been put in pullups whenever the family went on a vacation together. This was the result of an incident long ago - Lila once had an accident when the family went on a trip to Germany, when she was seven. They were at a packed museum and the line to the toilet was too long for the young girl to hold it. From then on, her parents decided to keep Lila in her night-time pullups for the rest of the trip - just in case - to spare themselves the stress and hassle of having to find a toilet. From that trip onwards, it became a tradition for Lila to be in pullups whenever they went on a vacation.

At that time, Lila didn't mind having to wear the pullups. After all, she still wore them to bed at night, and wearing them during the day was not much different. But she was now thirteen! And to her dismay, she was told that she'd be wearing tape diapers this time, instead of the pullups that she wore in the past. Lila had eventually outgrown the pullups that she used to wear, and they were precariously close to leaking the last time she'd worn them on a trip - so her mom had decided to switch to diapers this year. Lila was obviously hesitant to wear full-on diapers, especially at her age, but after recalling the incident when she was seven, she ultimately decided to go with the diapers, just to be safe.

"Fine..." she muttered begrudgingly. "But I swear this will be the last time I'm doing this, ever!"

"Good girl." praised Mom. "Now lie down and let's get this diaper on."

Obeying Mom's instructions, Lila sheepishly took off her skirt and underwear, and laid on the bed.

"Bottoms up please." requested Mom, as she unfolded a diaper and placed it under her daughter's bum. After a light sprinkling of powder, she taped the diaper in place and adjusted the leak guards.

"And we're done!" said Mom. "Now get ready, we're leaving in fifteen minutes."