Part 6

The light streaming in from the hotel window woke Lila up. It was a little past seven in the morning, but the young girl still felt incredibly groggy. They had spent the entirety of yesterday in the aquarium, and it was a blast - but by the time they left in the evening the entire family was exhausted. She pushed down the covers slightly and turned to face Mom, who was sharing the other side of the same queen-size bed. Mom was quite clearly tired as well, and was now still sound asleep. As she turned her body she felt the squish of her wet diaper under her pyjamas - the girl had already peed in it even before going to bed last night, and she vaguely remembered waking up in the middle of the night to pee again. It was comfy, and Lila was in no rush to get herself changed. The girl wanted to go back to sleep, at least for a couple more hours, but there were two things that were bugging her. The first was that the morning sun was making the room a little too bright. The second was the dull ache in her belly.

Lila wasn't sure what to do. She could remove the diaper and go poop in the toilet, but then Mom would have to get up and change her into a new one or she'd have to go diaper-less for a while. Or, she could poop in her diaper now and worry about it later. But if she pooped herself with the toilet so close by, would Mom get angry? Cleaning up a messy diaper is a lot of work, after all. She did have permission to go poop in her diaper back at the airport, but that was because they were in a hurry. She could pretend that it was an accident, but - no, Mom probably wouldn't believe that.

As the ache got worse she thought she'd just have to ask. Lila edged closer to Mom's side of the bed and gave her a little nudge. After a couple of nudges, Mom finally woke up.

"Good morning, dear." said Mom in a half-awake state, bringing Lila's head closer to her's. "What are you doing up so early? I'm still pretty tuckered out."

"Good morning Mom." replied Lila. "I would like to get more sleep, but... my belly's aching a little."

Mom paused a little, then started stroking Lila's hair.

"It's okay dear, just use your diaper..." said Mom, pausing to let out a yawn. "I'll change you when we both get up later."

With Mom's assurance, Lila tried to get into a comfortable pooping position - which was a little hard to do while lying down. She could have gotten into a squat instead, but lying down under the covers felt really nice when she was this tired, and she wasn't too keen on moving. Eventually she settled on lying down sideways with her knees slightly curled inwards. That was a comfortable-enough position and all it took was for Lila to give a gentle push - and loads of warm mush began making its way into the back of the diaper, spreading throughout. Mom got up momentarily to close the curtains before lying back down next to Lila, who was still in the midst of getting everything out of her system. Once Lila was finally done, a light scent of poop wafted out from under the covers, and she heaved a sigh of relief, blushing slightly.

"Looks like you're done..." teased Mom, who rolled a little closer to the girl's side of the bed, facing her. Still lying down, she brought her arms over Lila. She had wanted to snuggle with her daughter a little, but she saw that the waistband of the diaper was visible above her pyjama pants, so instead she pulled the waistband back for an impromptu check, and confirmed that Lila had indeed filled her diaper quite a bit.

"You really had to go, huh?" said Mom as started giving gentle pats on the back of her diaper. "Hope you feel better now."

"Jeez, Mom..." responded an embarrassed Lila.

Having handled the ache in her belly - albeit in a rather embarrassing manner - Lila was now in a much more relaxed state. The curtains were closed, making the room comfortably dim, and with Mom's gentle pats Lila could feel the warm mess squish against her bum - an oddly soothing feeling. Enjoying that blissful moment, the girl gradually drifted back to sleep.

***

The sound of the hotel door opening jerked Lila awake. She turned her body to look at the digital clock on top of her bed-side table, and saw that it was almost noon. The girl had slept very well, due to the long day that they had the day before.

Soon, Mom came in. Lila took a glance at her and saw that she carrying a couple of paper bags that bore the logo of a nearby grocery store.

"Good morning dear, I got you some quick breakfast from the grocery store" said Mom, as she placed the bags on a table. "You were sleeping like a log, so I didn't want to wake you."

Sitting herself upright, she felt the warm mess squishing underneath her. At first it felt a little while for her to register this foreign feeling, then she remembered the events a couple hours prior. Now that she was slightly more awake she cringed a little at herself when she recalled that embarrassing moment with Mom... but at the same time found herself wondering if she'd get the chance to experience that moment again.

Knowing that a diaper change was in order, Mom went to the wardrobe and took out a fresh diaper. Taking the cue from Mom, Lila pulled down her pyjama pants and spread her legs. Having gone through a number of diaper changes by now, Lila was no longer as bashful about it... although she did feel a little bad about the enormous work that would be needed for this change. She did toss and turn quite a bit when she was sleeping after all, and she knew that the mess had spread all over.

Mom walked over and got straight to work - she placed a changing mat underneath, untaped the diaper and, unfazed by the mess, started wiping down. It didn't take long, and soon Lila was in a fresh diaper. The girl, now fully awake, realised that she was famished, and walked over to the table where her breakfast was waiting.

"Once you're done eating, go change into some outside clothes." said Mom. "We're going out soon."