Part 5

"Whoa..." exclaimed Lila. For their first full day in the city the family decided to visit the aquarium, and the girl was in awe at the variety of marine life they had. Lila had always been more of an indoorsy type of person, so she was a little worried when Mom suggested the aquarium - turns out she didn't need to worry after all, as she was thrilled. It was midday, and the place was packed with other families and schoolchildren.

As she bent down a little to view a jellyfish tank, Lila felt the urge to pee. Throughout the day the girl had been freely letting go whenever she felt the urge - and this time she did the same. Without pausing, she started peeing, savouring the warmth of the diaper as she continued looking into the tank.

Observing Lila from afar, Mom was glad that she had made the right choice. She, too, had been worried about whether the girl would enjoy the aquarium. While that worry was settled, however, she felt that there was something else that needed to be dealt with. The young girl was dressed lightly today to beat the summer heat - a loose-fitting sleeveless shirt and shorts. The shirt was long enough that it fell under Lila's waist, and the shorts hid her diaper well enough, but unlike a skirt or dress the tell-tale bulge was very slightly visible if you looked hard enough - the girl herself was worried at first, but eventually the aquarium was much too captivating for her to care about it. Mom, however, noticed that the diaper appeared to be a fair bit more swollen than it was when they had started the day - a sign that the girl was likely very wet. She thought it was probably time for a diaper change - it had been a couple of hours, after all, and the young girl has had plenty to drink so far.

"Lila, it's about time we get you changed, don't you think?" proposed Mom.

The girl, meanwhile, was far too entertained by the fishes to let herself be interrupted by a diaper change. She knew that her diaper was definitely soaked - it was a lot heavier than before, and she was starting to feel the wetness against her skin. But a change right now would interrupt her fun. And there was a show - a dolphin show - that she desperately wanted to catch; it was happening in five minutes so changing now might cause them to miss it.

"I'm okay Mom" replied Lila. She was half-lying - she wasn't sure whether her diaper could hold up to another wetting, but she didn't feel the urge to pee so she thought she'd be safe for the time being. They proceeded to the large tank where the show was about to begin, and sat themselves down. Lila felt the diaper squish against her as she sat down.

I definitely need a change after this, she thought to herself. But I'll worry about that later.

***

The show was every bit as entertaining as Lila expected it to be. It had just ended, and now the family were planning to get themselves some lunch. Lila got off from her seat and began to leave the venue, Mom and Dad following closely behind.

As Lila was walking, however, Mom quickly caught up close to her.

"Lila," called out Mom as they continued walking, "you're leaking. We need to change now."

That statement stunned Lila a little, and she instinctively brought her hands to the back of her shorts to get a feel. Sure enough, she felt some moisture rubbing her hands against her shorts. She made sure to hold her pee during the show, but sitting down had squeezed the diaper, causing the previously-absorbed pee to leak out. As the girl was starting to panic, Mom gently held her hand and followed the signboards to the nearest family restroom. Once inside, she locked the door and helped Lila get her shoes and shorts off. Her shorts were light-blue, but at the back there were two sides that turned darker, where the moisture had begun to seep out. Now pantsless, Lila could see in the mirror that her diaper was indeed very soaked - the entire back of the diaper was now a pale yellow colour. Still standing, Mom untaped the diaper and began wiping, taking care to wipe the areas that leaked as well, before sprinkling some powder and taping Lila up in a new fresh diaper.

"Good thing I brought a change of clothes," said Mom as she pulled out a new pair of pants from her handbag and helped her daughter put it on. "I thought we might end up getting wet today so this would come in handy."

"Thanks, Mom" said Lila as she buttoned up her shorts and put on the shoes.

"Sure thing, honey." replied Mom, who made a mental note to herself to check Lila more frequently.